Portfolio Management and Governance Director
Organon is a Women’s Health Company that believes in a better and healthier every day for every woman! We are a passionate, global community of thousands dedicated to redefining the future of women’s health. Our mission is to deliver impactful medicines and solutions for a healthier every day. But what really makes it work at Organon is our people.
We’re looking for real, passionate team players, curious innovators, forward thinkers, empowered by the idea of shaping their career, and ready to bring their fire to embrace change and the opportunities it brings for progress.
At Organon, you’ll get to enjoy the best of both worlds: the open, agile, collaborative culture of a start-up, and operating at the scale of a Fortune 500 company with an international footprint that serves people in more than 140 markets.
It’s going to be an exciting future—come be a part of it!
The Portfolio Management and Governance Director, reports to Executive Director Portfolio Management and Governance. Works in a matrixed environment across all functional areas within R&D and across the enterprise.
· Design/implement a consistent, pragmatic and efficient portfolio governance process by leveraging automation and digital solutions where applicable.
· Lead governance meetings using best meeting management practices and documentation, ensuring appropriate team preparation, attendance and decision making.
Portfolio Management and Tracking:
· Design/implement a consistent, pragmatic and efficient portfolio management process by leveraging automation and digital solutions, including how the portfolio will be organized, monitored, and controlled, ensuring a focus on both real-time portfolio management and long-term strategic modelling
· Build and implement an accurate forecasting, tracking and adherence to program budgets (headcount and external costs) process by leveraging automation and digital solutions and by liaising with team members; responsible for challenging and reconciling assumptions, timelines, and expenses on program level
· Provide information to support portfolio decision making(e.g., priority, risk, spend, shape, capacity, balance, etc.) and design quantitative portfolio models necessary to support decision-making to optimize investment and assets
· Develop portfolio-level reporting process and design specific reports to review key performance indicators. Responsible for portfolio data quality to ensure precise portfolio reporting and drive single source of truth. Proactively anticipate questions and formulate key messages/insights based on accurate and reliable information
· Support portfolio variance and root cause analysis, and develops risk mitigation/issue management plans with the objective to meet the financial targets
· Establish appropriate cadence for portfolio evaluation and reporting, serving internal stakeholders and both internal (e.g., teams, Governance, etc.) and external (e.g., annual report, R&D Analyst Briefings, management of web-site content, etc.) business needs
· Ensure operational excellence, including ensuring optimal meeting structure, conduct and outputs, decision making, risk assessment and risk management. Implement lessons-learned processes to provide continuous improvement on process, templates, and alignment with Organon’s company culture.
· Build relationships and collaborate with program leaders and functional leaders across the organization to define and implement enhancements to governance and proactively identify and escalate risks, gaps, and challenges
· Develop and implement templates, tools, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, and effective planning across the portfolio.
· Proactively and effectively manage portfolio information, demonstrating exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
Education Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in a scientific or applied discipline strongly preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:
At least 10 years of biopharmaceutical experience with at least 5 years in Research and Development functions such as Clinical Research, Early Development, Medical Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory Affairs, etc.
PMP or advanced project management training/certificate.
Demonstrated deep knowledge and expertise in program management.
Adaptive leadership style, and ability to guide and influence multidisciplinary teams without formal authority.
Experience managing program leads and/or managers and leading high-functioning cross-functional teams.
Previous people management experience required along with a passion for employee development.
Highly collaborative orientation with outstanding communication and relationship management skills, and high EQ.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills for bridging scientific and business constituents, negotiating timelines, and effective collaboration.
Significant breadth of experience across drug development including non-clinical, clinical, regulatory, CMC, and commercial functions.
Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
Strong communications and visualization skills to help deliver complex information into consistent views.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Experience leading the work of outsource partners strongly preferred.
Advanced degree (e.g. MS, MBA, PhD, PharmD) preferred
Who We Are:
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions. Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
Subject to applicable law, all prospective US Organon hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine authorized or approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a precondition of employment.
Residents of Colorado: to request this role’s pay range: email: email@example.com
Jersey City and New York City Positions: to request this role’s pay range and benefits, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
US and PR Residents Only
If you require reasonable accommodation(s) in completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email us at email@example.com.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
[Register to View] d94186e1c3%7C484a70d1caaf4a03a4771cbe688304af%7C0%7C0%7C[Register to View] 30749375%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=L%2Fo29klusc3YTGF1e2qtt%2FAKiwNR%2F15Abdm3aj9RSow%3D&reserved=0">EEOC Poster
[Register to View] d94186e1c3%7C484a70d1caaf4a03a4771cbe688304af%7C0%7C0%7C[Register to View] 30759368%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=wI5KyQ%2BK2a%2FBOTfaw7xdHTekQaW%2FZcobBfR4FtG68A0%3D&reserved=0">EEOC GINA Supplement
[Register to View] d94186e1c3%7C484a70d1caaf4a03a4771cbe688304af%7C0%7C0%7C[Register to View] 30759368%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=OLMrNf4hlHgbyDBUMegNfCqabJr10CDXLQi1M%2Bm4Fr8%3D&reserved=0">OFCCP EEO Supplement
[Register to View] d94186e1c3%7C484a70d1caaf4a03a4771cbe688304af%7C0%7C0%7C[Register to View] 30769368%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=jKN14TK0yXTsRhk3QpbK4G7VOWkSUyXqA6SZWpKHmiE%3D&reserved=0">OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
Organon is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Organon LLC., does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Remote Work
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:2