Director, External Supplier Management, Cell Therapy Drug Product
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This highly matrixed role is accountable for onboarding, then managing key external partners manufacturing cell therapy drug product (DP). This includes the technology transfer phase of a complex and highly demanding process.
The role requires the ability to anticipate production capacity and adapt the production tool accordingly, a strong collaboration with upstream and downstream functions, a structured long-term vision and execution to deploy the level of business process automation required to manage thousands of annual lots in a timely and cost-efficient way.
- Accountable for the transfer and launch of new products at CDMOs under responsibility
- Leader of strategically important and/or complex portfolio through a cross-functional virtual plant team in a matrix structure.
- Develops and maintains stakeholder relationships within External Manufacturing (ExM) as well as within the wider GPS/BMS network, in order to improve organizational efficiency.
- Partners closely with Patient Operations and Supply Chain, both upstream (apheresis) and downstream (drug product release and shipment) to ensure on-time delivery to patient and ambitious turnaround times.
- Coordinates critical materials demand with other similar internal and external sites, as well as with Supply Chain, Quality and Sourcing / Procurement.
- Optimizes and automates business processes to efficiently manage high production volumes, in alignment with BMS’s internal systems (ERP, Continuous Process Verification / Validation etc.)
- Accountable for the performance of the assigned CDMOs. Responsible for reviewing and communicating CDMO performance metrics and the development of the improvement plans as warranted
- Develops and executes operational budgets for the assigned CDMOs and ensures alignment with External Manufacturing’s goals and objectives.
- Ensures the successful resolution of all issues that may impact timely supply of product and/or contractual obligations
Education and Experience:
- BS/MS/PhD in engineering, chemistry, pharmacy or related pharmaceutical sciences.
- MBA and/or Project Management Certifications are a plus
- >10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in manufacturing operations, quality, external-facing roles, matrix leadership
- Prior cell therapy experience is preferred.
BMSCART VETERAN #LI-Hybrid
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.