Contract Management Specialist
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This position is for a Contract Management Specialist in State and Local Contracts & Proposals team and is intended to handle RFPs, contracts, and higher revenue impacting matters occurring on an increasing basis. This position is expected to improve the efficiency of the Contracts & Proposals organization within the Verizon Business Group Wireless Contracting organization with appropriate systems, as well as qualitative skills.
- Managing identified portions of the State & Local (non-federal) Government Contract & Proposal processes as per guidelines and procedures developed by the Government Proposals and Contracts department from initial bid/RFx through contract execution.
- Owning the development, negotiation, and delivery of highly complex non-standard contracts and proposals in accordance with customer requirements and as approved by HQ legal.
- Managing the timeline and deliverables to ensure compliance with internal and external submission deadlines (drafting the response, crafting the financial offer, obtaining subject matter expert, finance and legal approvals, etc.) for each Contract & Proposal response assigned throughout the contract lifecycle process.
- Providing management with any requisite discussion items and/or modifications to standard and non-standard terms and conditions for non-standard government contracts and proposals requiring leadership approvals.
- Developing non-standard responses/language to communicate offers and strategies through technical writing processes.
- Working directly with Legal, Finance, and other departments across all Markets to ensure government contracts and other documents are prepared and processed with all applicable approvals, etc.
- Crafting and delivering all correspondence in response to customer requests in accordance with departmental guidelines for legal approval.
- Serving as Proposal lead and facilitator for government proposal response development teams from initial draft through final approval and of the documents.
- Managing the contract modification process including revisions to existing or negotiated contracts as necessary.
- Preparing and delivering Statement of Qualifications and alternate documents to the field per customer request for the Government sales channels.
- Assisting or leading the formal and informal management reviews of proposal drafts.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of training mechanisms for contracts and proposal processes.
- Preparing representation and certification responses.
- Maintaining contract and proposal filing, reporting, copying, and shipping.
- Providing support for peers and management as needed.
- Imputing all required information into the proposal/contract databases, keeping current with new contracts that are processed and/or executed.
- Supporting internal audit process.
Where you'll be working....
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Communications or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree (e.g. JD or MBA).
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in preparing technical and/or government proposals.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in Complete proposal life cycle management; including a clear understanding of how to strategically read an RFx, proposal development team key roles and responsibilities, and ability to deliver high quality, winning proposals.
- Experience in identifying, decomposing, and responding to requirements in Government solicitations.
- Experience in telecommunications or IT industry.
- Experience in previous government, legal and/or contract negotiation, operations, marketing, sales.
- Experience in training and presentation.
- Experience in database management.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.