Chief of Staff- IT Program and Project Management
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Enterprise Architecture, Platforms, Cloud & Tools team is looking for aChief of Staff - IT Program and Project Management support to lead and define program prioritization,communication,employee engagement, and brand strategy for our technology transformation initiatives. This Project Manager will be a leader with a strong customer orientation and will understand business and technical needs/trends and translate that information into a strategy that can be executed. This Project Manager will manage and be responsible for the work efforts of operational delivery, prioritization, andand communications initiatives and resources. The individual will develop engagements and communications strategies to reach internal and external audiences using traditional and digital media channels to strengthen our brand. This role requires engaging technical staff and business leaders to transform the technology group, therefore the candidate should have some technical background.
This role will carry out a seamless employee engagement and communication strategy and provide necessary learning and development opportunities. You will need to focus on the needs of the employee, internal (within team and GTS) as well as external (to partners and stakeholders) communications, executive communications as well as organize knowledge sharing, skill development and team-building programs for the growth of the employees. It is important that this role promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace, as well as keep the engagement efforts of the organization intact.
- Working with leader to define and prioritize programs and communications strategy.
- Responsible for managing and publishing both internal and external metrics for the organization.
- Planning and tracking work for the larger business teams including operational alignment and execution plans.
- Acting as the single point of contact for all communications and engagement team efforts.
- Defining and ensuring consistent branding and messaging for technology initiatives.
- Creating and developing events & communications campaigns from start to finish.
- Support the leadership teams for better and more efficient execution of projects and deliverables.
- Reviewing all possible events and communications strategies to determine their suitability vs. company’s goals and making informed recommendations to leadership.
- Determining the message and conduit for the messages for each campaign/event as per the audience and company goals.
- Creating, or managing the creation and delivery of, artifacts and staffing schedule for each event/campaign (i.e. ‘give-aways’, booth design, staffing of the booth).
- Defining the budget and receiving buy in from senior leadership.
- Working with vendors to negotiate contract; gaining buy in from internal Verizon stakeholders and working to get the contract executed.
- Creating and fostering strong relationships with all partners by involving them in our efforts and helping them to understand our goals while also understanding how we can leverage our partners efficiently and effectively in our efforts.
- Establishing goals and metrics to measure effectiveness and optimize strategy and communication efforts.
- Communicate up, down and across the organization effectively.
- Empowering our engineers to innovate and deliver faster time to value for our clients.
- Tracking any work associated with the team or project, ensuring that timelines and deadlines are effectively met.
- Consulting with senior business and technology leaders to provide solutions to business challenges and opportunities by applying marketing and communication skills.
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- DevOps, Cloud, Emerging Technology, Software Engineering, Technology Operations expertise.
- Resourceful and creative thinking with proven experience in developing new marketing ideas and strategies.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Relevant work experience leading marketing and events teams.
- Proven marketing, branding and events experience.
- Proven abilities in strategic planning, marketing program development/management and high-level relationship building.
- Experience defining and leading the implementation of integrated marketing programs and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to successful completion.
- Strong team leadership, excellent communication skills.
- Experience leading the development and implementation of and measuring strategies and oversee an annual marketing budget.
- Experience collaboratively working with peers and leaders to gain their buy-in and alignment on marketing and events.
- Proven track record for being a self-starter, capable of leading initiatives independently, while keeping management and peers informed of status, risks, issues, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.