Master Data Technical Product Management
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In this role, you will be responsible for Technical Product Management for Verizon’s Corporate end to end master data management capabilities, focused on building a robust human centered experience spanning across the Supply Chain, Finance, and HR data domains. Trusted data starts with complete, accurate and valid master data. Your work will focus on shaping human centered end to end processes from identification of the need for new master data, through to its request and eventual creation / maintenance including full accountability for product vision & strategy, roadmap and backlogs around key mission objectives, delivering features from concept to launch through agile delivery methodologies, ensuring value realization, run governance and support that delivers outstanding business results / user experience. Partnership is essential in this role, as we focus on shaping a federated data strategy that requires the definition of data standards in partnership with various GPOs within the Finance, Supply Chain and HR domains, collaboration in the establishment of data catalogs that enable end users to leverage plain business language to query their data, and connectivity with owners of commercial and other non-corporate data to which the corporate functions will subscribe.
Funded for significant annual investment to drive transformation at scale, this role requires experience in delivering extremely large and complex process transformation / system implementations including human centered design techniques, data quality and governance processes, definition of data standards, functional design, technical / solution architecture, environment and deployment strategies, operational readiness and change management across multiple functions spanning the SDLC lifecycle.
As a people leader, this leader will drive a large team of Verizon Technical Product Owners and third party partners, as well as influence Global Process Owners to deliver transformative solutions. This leader will makes decisions regarding hiring, promotion and disciplinary actions. Coaches, trains and motivates the team to achieve subject matter expertise. Focusing on driving the innovation agenda, this leader will work with internal & eternal industry leaders to shape world-class capabilities and enable continuous improvement.
Accountable end to end from vision / strategy through to delivery, value realization and run support / governance this leader will focus on the big picture and have the discipline to drive massive transformational efforts. Good people leadership and influencing skills are essential.
- Owning the agile delivery model, roadmap, backlog execution processes for Master Data tools.
- Developing, owning and executing the product roadmap, end to end data strategy / vision, including governance and data continuous improvement.
- Partnering with stakeholders to inform the product vision, strategy, features and prioritization.
- Prioritizing and maintaining the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of the business.
- Leading the product functional design process.
- Translating business processes into the design of master data, how to drive accountability with upstream data owners to ensure appropriate coordination occurs to enable accurate mapping, complete / accurate data for downstream consumption.
- Managing various Product Technical leads for all reporting tools such as SAP MDG, Oracle EDM, ServiceNow, other workflow solutions.
- Coordinating support for systems initiatives driven by other groups if there are impacts to downstream systems.
Where you’ll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Six years of experience with Reporting and Analytics.
- Ability to set rigorous technical / architectural standards whilst speaking the language of our business partners to influence the strategic direction master data capabilities.
- Experienced in taking a company forward in a fast-growth environment, providing insight for direction, and managing change effectively.
- Six years of experience in building and maintaining BI Reporting & Analytics.
- Experience in establishing next-generation BI Reporting and Analytics platforms and capabilities.
- Experience in managing large, dynamic teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the delivery of scaled agile.
- Knowledge of pragmatic approach to business, processes, and user needs.
- Good customer focus and ability to recognize the impact of decisions on end users.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to interact with team members and external customers.
- Good presentation skills to all levels of management; ability to communicate complex concepts in a manner that is understood by the audience.
- Ability to prioritize efforts and tasks in a large-volume and fast-paced environment.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.