Enterprise Risk Management Consultant
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be part of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team, assisting with the governance and administration of Verizon’s Privacy Controls Framework and compliance certifications. In this role you will be overseeing policies, processes, attestations and controls to identify and mitigate financial, operational, legal, regulatory and reputational risks. You will support and ensure Verizon’s compliance with domestic and international data privacy laws and other regulatory requirements.
As a subject matter expert, you will partner with business leaders and take a key role in developing Verizon’s privacy compliance and controls program. You will be designing and assessing business controls for operating effectiveness, developing and conducting risk assessments, documenting processes and workflows all while providing recommendations on how to reduce risk and strengthen Verizon’s control environment. In addition you will help support the business through quarterly and annual regulatory attestations and provide operational guidance to ensure compliance with internal policies.
You will need to think and act strategically to enhance Verizon’s compliance with current and recently passed data privacy regulations. This includes a focus on supporting the business, assessing controls, driving process improvements, and transparent reporting to executive management.
- Monitoring and evaluating active business controls to help ensure that Verizon is meeting its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Assessing potential process or compliance risks associated with current domestic and international data privacy regulations.
- Providing training and coaching to professional staff on business operational controls and best practices.
- Working with key stakeholders throughout the enterprise to design, document and implement new business operational controls to comply with new regulatory requirements.
- Coordinating executive level compliance certifications and attestations.
- Providing operational support and guidance to ensure compliance with internal policies.
- Preparing and delivering presentations communicating the results of controls testing.
- Developing and utilizing digital tools to streamline and automate internal processes where applicable.
- Assisting with development, implementation and maintenance of privacy and data protection policies and standard operating procedures.
- Managing a Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) tool to facilitate the testing of all active controls and remediation of identified gaps.
- Providing recommendations on how to address any identified gaps or risk areas of controls that are not operating effectively.
- Managing frequent ad-hoc requests from the business for advice and assistance regarding controls and compliance.
This role is eligible to be considered for the Department of Defense Skillbridge/Fellowship Program.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a highly effective communicator and agile project manager effective within a fast paced environment. You understand that a rigorous control environment can help an organization meet its objectives in operational effectiveness and efficiency, reliable financial reporting and compliance with laws, regulations and policies. You are comfortable developing new processes and programs to meet business objectives.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Systems, Risk Management, Business Administration or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in operational assurance, business controls or audit.
- Experience in developing and executing audit/test procedures.
- Knowledge of controls design and evaluation.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Information Systems.
- A Professional certification (CPA, CMA, CIA, CFE, CISA, CIPP, PMP).
- Experience in designing and implementing controls governance frameworks and compliance programs.
- Experience in working in the telecom industry.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.