Manager Enterprise Risk Management
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be part of the Enterprise Risk Management Operations team, partnering with business leaders to identify and mitigate financial, operational, legal, regulatory and reputational risks. Also, as the subject matter expert, you will take a key role in developing and conducting risk assessments, documenting processes, workflows, recommendations and field work. Come help us keep our Finance team running better every day.
- Conducting risk control self-assessments (RCSA), capturing controls and mitigations to assess risk.
- Documenting processes/workflows to identify gaps and implementing process enhancement recommendations.
- Assisting with the development, documentation and implementation risk management program in a manner that fulfills the mission and strategic goals of the organization while complying with regulatory guidance.
- Assisting with the implementation of the governance, risk and compliance (GRC) tool and Integrated Risk Management technologies.
- Assessing current and potential risks based on the potential financial, legal and reputation impacts to the company.
- Developing and designing a compliance strategy and making recommendations to senior management.
- Developing and implementing prioritized work plans based on the risk assessment and business partner feedback.
- Administering Risk Management programs for assigned processes including review of process documentation, management training, establishment of management test plans, assessment of management test results, and remediation plans.
- Designing and implementing controls to improve financial performance and transactional accuracy.
- Ensuring adequate coverage of significant risks through delegation of resources for monitoring and review of standard reports, risk model analysis and associated field work.
- Preparing and delivering presentations communicating risks mitigated, and the potential impacts of unmitigated risks to management.
- Providing leadership in developing and completing thorough and accurate investigations based on limited information.
- Designing ad hoc reporting to enhance existing information and further investigations.
- Developing analysis using large data sets related to back office Finance functions to assess risk and drive mitigation strategies.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a great communicator, and easily win the trust of team members, internal customers, and external suppliers. No stranger to a fast-paced environment and tight deadlines, you can adapt to changing circumstances, juggle competing priorities, and combine a sense of urgency with care and attention to detail. You get personal satisfaction from analyzing problems and delivering solutions to improve business processes.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Math, or Information Systems or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Operational Compliance, Business Controls or Finance.
- Experience with design and assessment of Internal Controls.
- Project management experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's degree in Business Administration.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- A Professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE).
- Knowledge of wireless and wireline telecommunications infrastructure.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement processes.
- Knowledge of risk frameworks (COSO, NIST, ISO, COBIT).
- Experience with Quality Assurance practices.
- Experience using data analytic tools (ACL, Qlik), andreport writing/database software.
- Experience leveraging auditing principles and methods.
- Knowledge of compliance standards and frameworks including Sarbanes Oxley, SOC 1 (SSAE 18), SOC 2/3 (Trust Services Principles), ISO (27001, 27017).
- Experience using the G-Suite to collaborate on deliverables.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.