Senior Manager, Project Management GDD IT
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The primary responsibility of this role is to plan and execute on strategic Global Drug Development portfolio of projects to ensure on time, in scope and on budget delivery. Drive intended business outcomes in collaboration with cross functional teams and vendors. This job will require managing a broad set of stakeholders and sponsors ensuring Business objectives are met with the right sense of urgency.
Desired Candidate Characteristics:
- Have a commitment to a career in technology with a passion for healthcare
- Ability to understand the needs of the business and commitment to deliver the best user experience and adoption
- Able to collaborate across multiple teams
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative and inquisitive nature to ask questions, offer bold ideas and challenge the status quo
- Agility to learn new tools and processes
- Execute on assigned projects supporting the digital capability (DC) objectives of GDD IT, delivering value faster, in an incremental fashion.
- Planning and execution of projects in GDD IT portfolio to deliver on intended outcomes while collaborating on evolving ideas and discovery of new requirements to maximize return on investments.
- Identify dependencies, evaluate risks, and communicate status to appropriate levels of management and stakeholders across assigned projects.
- Ensure project deliverables, schedules, and financials adhere to established standards and are managed in alignment with BMS Project Management best practices across their assigned projects.
- Periodically evaluate performance and develop action plans to ensure achievement of performance goals.
- Monitor and control schedule and financial health of their assigned projects and provide actionable insights to key stakeholders.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive assigned project’s momentum and progress. Engage and energize the project teams.
- Plan and engage necessary resources across the enterprise to ensure successful completion of assigned projects.
- Co-lead setup of project management and governance structures in collaboration with Product Managers and Technical leads
- Advise and consistently apply Project Management best practices (including Agile, SDLC and PMF) and tools. Continuously improve our adoption and maturity of best practices across IT.
- Collaborate with product managers and technical leads & Portfolio Managers on business case development for investments, translating experience & insights into improved estimates and outcomes.
- Lead and manage System Integration Project Managers (where applicable)
- Encourage innovation across projects and organize forums for cross-sharing of ideas, execution, artifacts
Qualifications & Experience
- Requires advanced knowledge applicable to a wide range of work in own function and thorough knowledge of other functions, typically gained through a university degree and/or 8 plus years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading initiatives related to continuous improvement or implementation of new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage relationships through diplomacy with a broader focus within the Function.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and present complex information clearly and concisely across all levels.
- Skilled in stakeholder management and collaborative decision making and has ability to bring a variety of strong views and perspective to achieve objectives.
- Experienced in process improvement. Has lead analysis of current states, deliver strong recommendations in understanding complexity in the environment, and the ability to execute to bring complex solutions to completion.
- Ability to recognize the potential impact on internal/external challenges on the future state success. Conveys and takes immediate action to correct any variation in quality, ensures accuracy and completeness of others' work outputs.
- Demonstrated analytical thought using various data sources and internal/external environment. Understands the broader implications of actions and perspective. Synthesizes results and links patterns and trends. Considers lessons learned and best practices in conveying to the team's understanding and knowledge.
- Must have knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and have a working knowledge of the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Knowledge and experience in computer systems validation are preferred.
- Experience with software development methodologies and requirements-gathering techniques such as Agile (Scrum, SAFe, etc.) and Waterfall is preferred.
- Experienced in development of project structures, defining team roles and responsibilities, working with and leveraging various different staffing/sourcing models including the oversight of system integrators.
- Competence in business case development, definition of business outcomes and measuring outcome realization.
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.