Sr Manager, Technical Product Management-Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably.
At Starship, a subsidiary of Optum Financial, we are working hard to create the healthy future we all deserve by transforming the way people pay for healthcare. We are passionate about empowering our members to take greater control of their financial wellness and build healthier futures through better technology and superior experiences. Launched in 2018, our team of engineers, designers, and strategists are redefining the $65 billion health saving industry building innovative solutions for saving, spending, and investing for healthcare.
To do this, we’re bringing together exceptional talent from across disciplines and industries to shape the future of health savings and improve the lives of our customers in a meaningful way.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Gather and translate user problems as inputs for setting the product vision and strategy
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, business impact, performance, and post-launch support
- Manage other product managers and provide the leadership required to help them be successful
- Develop and manage the high-level product roadmap with input from product leadership and other stakeholders
- Remove blockers, and work with product leadership to ensure your squad is operating at its highest potential
- Be a subject matter expert, disseminate information across the organization, and have strategic influence
- Find, create and report key metrics and data to support your decisions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years in a product management role
- 6+ years of professional experience in technical (software or hardware) product management managing successful product definition, market analysis, prototyping, launch, go-to-market strategy, and post-launch roadmap
- Experience defining projects and requirements, writing user stories and acceptance criteria, and coordinating projects across teams
- Experience working with technical cross-functional teams (e.g., engineering, UI/UX, Program Management, etc.) and cross-organization teams
- Experience communicating product strategy to a number of different stakeholders and levels of the organization
- Experience in both mobile and web design and applications
- Experience managing technical talent
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or Software Engineering
- Experience in consumer healthcare products
- Willingness and drive to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Solid leadership skills and initiative to lead a technical workstream independently
- Previous experience working in banking, financial or insurance
- Experienced partnering directly with engineers and designers, demonstrating a technical mindset and a passion for details
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.