Project Management - Manager
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
At Verizon, we don't wait for the future, we build it! Join the industry leader in Network and Telecommunications Services as we embark on transforming our nation's critical communications infrastructure and the FAA's National Airspace System (NAS) network.
As a member of our FAA Enterprise Network Services (FENS) team, you will bring your passion, education and experience to this critical mission and interact directly with decision-makers and government staff who are tasked with ensuring the nation's air transportation system's underlying communications infrastructure is secure and always available.
We are hiring skilled and energetic candidates to work alongside the best and brightest employees on a long-term career opportunity to design, build and operate the next generation NAS network supporting the busiest, most complex aerospace system in the world.
You will work directly with the Transition Deputy and the Infrastructure Project Manager to ensure all the parallel work streams are integrated and critical paths synchronized to ensure overall Project and Program success.
The Project Manager has the following key responsibilities:
- Executing and maintaining project management processes in the areas of project schedule, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management.
- Developing and maintaining project schedules and calendars with the input and assistance of transition leads
- Facilitating team meetings, providing meeting minutes and action items where needed.
- Building strong communication channels with internal stakeholders in various departments: Sales, Professional Services, IT Operations, Development teams, Provisioning and Implementation, Security, Network and Security Operations, Program Management and Supplier Management.
- Tracking tasks assigned to the project team and prepare regular status reports.
- Responsible for tracking project changes and producing updated schedules.
- Influencing continuous improvement of project management methodologies including: assessment of project delivery capabilities, gathering and reporting performance metrics, establishing corresponding targets, and measurement of on-going progress.
- Ensuring smooth communication within the project team and other cross-functional teams
- Interfacing with internal/external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Preparing and documenting Day 1/Day 2 support documentation and acceptance criteria.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- 8+ Years proven Project Management experience with proven track record and experience with deploying and delivering complex solutions.
- Enterprise Client Experience.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office product suite, including PowerPoint, Excel & Word and Microsoft Project
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- ITIL V3 Certification Desired.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Desired.
- Proficiency in customer enablement tools.
- Ability to manage and negotiate with required internal and external organizations.
- Financial Business acumen.
- Broad Verizon product experience.
- Supplier Management.
- Demonstrated experience with verbal & written communications.
- Proven leadership skills & capabilities.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.