Senior Technical Product Manager - Learning and Talent Management
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
You will be part of a very talented product organization in the Corporate Systems Group with a digital-first and self-serve approach to deliver the best solutions that drive Employee Experience. We are looking for an experienced, dynamic leader with a technologist background to take on the Technical Product lead role. This role will partner closely with our HR business, HRIS team, and technical engineering team and will assume centralized ownership of best-in-class HR applications/tools in the Core HR space to set the vision and build toward a best-in-class future state.
Your responsibilities include having a product mindset to focus on delivering the needs of the business, often identifying needs before they are asked, and looking for optimization improvements on already-established processes.
- Maintaining product roadmaps and backlog for products and services, including developing and prioritizing product proposals and user stories.
- Influencing the product roadmaps, understanding and articulating business needs to drive and evaluate/set roadmap priorities.
- Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, and recommending solution requirements, Product or solution development.
- Co-creating/Defining vision and strategies for your product space, using HR domain expertise, internal and Industry Best practices, and identifying improvement opportunities
- Identifying opportunities to improve our HR processes through technology. Defining and documenting end-to-end HR system improvements based on analysis to increase the workforce and stakeholder satisfaction with our HR technology solutions.
- Delivering World class experiences in the Grow & Develop Employee Journey to ensure Growth, Learning, Development, Performance Management, Career Mobility.
- Driving Employee Satisfaction and Retention.
- Having a deep understanding of industry practices in Performance Management, Skill Enablement, Career Hub, Talent Marketplace.
- Enabling the Employee to Learn, and Grow through Development Plans, Performance Management; Career Progression, Succession Planning and Career Mobility.
- Partnering closely with HRIS, HR Operations, IT partners, and Vendors identifying future strategic work, pain points, gaps and opportunities in the current process, and solution it through Automation and/or AI, and Build/Buy/Leverage existing product recommendations.
- Being responsible for E2E Technical Solutions supporting Global Technology Solutions Organization and partner with HRIS on the solution.
- Researching industry best practices, collaborate with external companies to share industry solutions.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Learning, Talent Management space.
- Experience in a dynamic product management role overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of SaaS solutions, implementation, and ongoing management.
- Knowledge of any of the HR Product suite - Workday HCM (preferred), SAP SuccessFactors, Oracle HCM, ServiceNow is a plus
- Self-motivated learner with superior analytical, problem-solving, pragmatism and organization skills.
- Experience in productivity software like Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Knowledge of software development, testing, maintenance, and support.
- Good Mentorship skills to provide guidance and timely feedback for other developers.
- Knowledge of the Atlassian suite of products - Confluence & Jira.
- Experience in build vs buy analysis with reasoning and ROI.
- Experience in analyzing business/employee needs, current market trends, and HR Tech systems and designing exceptional employee experiences.
- Experience in supporting HR lines of business, such as operations teams, HR Business Partners.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as clearly articulating and presenting to the executive level.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.