Manager - Software Asset Management
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
You will be a key member of a team tasked with developing, implementing, and evolving an enterprise-wide governance program around Software Asset Management (SAM). This employee will be tasked with working towards devising an end-to-end solution for SAM, with the goal of increasing Verizon's maturity in the SAM space. You will focus on providing transparency of software assets utilized across Verizon, creating a consolidated view of all software entitlements, minimizing compliance audit risk, managing to completion compliance and savings projects, monetizing outcomes, and partnering in developing short and long-term roadmaps on software publishers and titles. This will lead to lower costs and greater efficiency, improved system security and data governance, and better buying decisions and negotiating power. You will have a responsibility towards contributing to Verizon's overall Transformation office savings goals.
- Driving and managing process improvements on deploying, tracking, and re-harvesting of licenses to avoid unnecessary spending and maximize value to Verizon.
- Working towards the implementation of an enterprise-wide Software Catalog, providing one view of the list of software entitlements, usage, supported platforms, versioning, ownership, license details, etc.
- Recommending mature technology category management practices across Verizon and enhancing processes to standardize and maintain North Star Architecture.
- Coordinating with third-party SAM managed service provider partners (MSPs) that provide support to Verizon, driving improvements with the support they provide, and ensuring reporting meets Verizon's needs.
- Recommending savings on software titles and publishers, improving savings recommendations coming from third-party SAM MSPs, and managing recommendations to completion.
- Driving software license compliance across organizations, while implementing governing processes around compliance audit-related activities.
- Collaborating with multiple organizations such as Global Technology Services (GTS), Finance, Vendor Management, Sourcing, Security, Supply Chain, and various business unit partners to gain cooperation on our defined strategic cross-functional SAM programs to drive efficiencies around overall software spend and direction.
- Optimizing the usage of existing software inventory management tools that allow discovery and reporting on Verizon's software assets, and partnering on planning and recommendations for a long-term tools roadmap including emerging and future technologies.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four more years of experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in managing software licensing for major industry software publishers (e.g., Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Adobe).
- Experience in the development, maintenance, and optimization of license positions.
- Experience in the metering and optimization of software and online services usage.
- Experience in managing and responding to vendor-initiated audits, including managing large and complex license alignment efforts to conclusion, ensuring that the process aligns with contract rights and best practices.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's degree.
- Experience in software contracts and licensing metrics.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Experience in coordinating with cross functional teams from legal, sourcing and business units.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Experience in reading and interpreting legal documents such as contracts, amendments, etc.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented, collaborative work environment.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to execute on details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively across multiple levels of management and functions including executive leadership.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented setting.
- Experience in SAM tools such as Flexera, ServiceNow SAM Pro, and/or SNOW.
- Experience in developing and implementing governance framework.
- Experience in program/project management methodology, process design, and financial modeling, with a track record of achieving results and meeting deadlines.
- Experience in implementing process improvements and project management practices.
- Excellent organizational skills: detail-oriented, thorough, dependable, and trustworthy, with a positive attitude.
- Experience in/ CSAM and CAMP certifications.
- PMP certification is a plus.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York work location, the compensation range for this position is between $108,000.00 and $200,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.