Manager Enterprise Risk Management
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
You'll be part of the team responsible for the administration of Verizon's Sarbanes Oxley compliance programs leading all aspects of policies, processes, people and systems and partnering with business leaders to identify and mitigate financial, operational, legal, regulatory and reputational risks. You will serve as an expert and lead all aspects of risk inherent in the department or function and make decisions concerning the scope of work to be performed based on those risks. Your work will help us improve our processes and come up with ways to make our control environment even stronger. Come help us keep our Finance team running better every day.
- Providing subject matter expertise in designing and implementing controls for system standard changes.
- Managing a team of professionals that provide oversight of system access controls across the enterprise, leading, motivating and training the team to be effective in their roles.
- Delivering knowledge-based leadership in driving the automation of manual and system controls to improve financial performance and transactional accuracy; the repair of controls that are not functioning as intended; and the enhancement of the control environment, where necessary to address current and developing threats.
- Assessing current and potential risks based on the potential financial, legal and reputation impacts to the company.
- Developing and crafting a compliance strategy and making recommendations to senior management.
- Overseeing the implementation of a prioritized work plan based on the risk assessment and business partner feedback.
- Coordinating our SOX 404 program for assigned processes including; review of process documentation, management training, establishment of management test plans, assessment of management test results, and remediation plans.
- Crafting and implementing controls to improve financial performance and transactional accuracy.
- Ensuring adequate coverage of significant risks through delegation of resources for monitoring and review of standard reports, risk model analysis and associated field work.
- Preparing and delivering presentations communicating risks mitigated, and the potential impacts of unmitigated risks to management.
- Developing analysis using large data sets related to back office Finance functions to assess risk and drive mitigation strategies.
What we're looking for...
You're a great communicator, winning the trust of team members, internal customers, and external suppliers. No stranger to a fast-paced environment and tight deadlines, you can adapt to changing circumstances, balance competing priorities, and combine a sense of urgency with due care and attention to detail. You get personal satisfaction from analyzing problems and delivering solutions to improve business processes.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Math, or Information Systems or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in operational Compliance, business controls or Finance.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley Section 404.
- Project management experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's degree in Business Administration.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- A Professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE).
- Experience using data analytic tools (ACL, Tableau).
- Experience with report writing/database software.
- Experience using auditing principles and methods.
- Working knowledge of statistics, reporting and analytical tools.
- Telecommunications experience.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.