Senior Manager Product Management ServiceNow
- Creating and executing a product roadmap: Develop a product roadmap that aligns with Verizon's vision and strategy. This roadmap should be informed by customer needs, market trends, and competitive analysis.
- Leading cross-functional teams: Collaborate cross CIO and with our business partners in VBG/VCG to ensure that product development efforts are aligned with customer needs and business objectives. Lead cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality products on time and within budget.
- Managing the product lifecycle: Drive product development efforts from ideation to launch, and throughout the product lifecycle. Work closely with engineering teams to ensure that products are delivered with high quality and that they meet customer needs.
- Analyzing market trends: Keep abreast of market trends and competitive offerings in the Service Now space. Identify new opportunities for product innovation and differentiation.
- Understanding customer needs: Develop and maintain a deep understanding of customer needs, pain points, and preferences. Use this understanding to inform product strategy and prioritize product development efforts.
- Defining product metrics: Define and measure key product metrics to assess product performance and inform future product development efforts.
- Communicating product vision: Communicate the product vision, strategy, and progress to executive leadership, stakeholders, and the broader organization.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Senior Manager Product Owner of Service Now will also be responsible for managing and developing their team of product owners. This includes:
- Setting performance expectations: Set clear expectations for performance and provide regular feedback to your team. Ensure that everyone understands their role in achieving organizational goals.
- Coaching and mentoring: Provide coaching and mentoring to your team to help them grow and develop their skills. Encourage them to take ownership of their work and to think creatively about how to solve problems.
- Identifying development opportunities: Identify development opportunities for your team members, such as training programs, conferences, or stretch assignments. Help them to develop new skills and take on new challenges.
- Performance management: Manage the performance of your team members, including conducting performance reviews, setting goals, and providing constructive feedback.
- Hiring and onboarding: Participate in the hiring and onboarding of new team members. Ensure that they are set up for success and understand their role in the team and the organization.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; or 4 more years of experience
- Six or more years of experience in product management, with a track record of successfully launching and scaling software products.
- Strong understanding of the Service Now platform and ecosystem, with experience managing product development efforts for the platform.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, sales, and marketing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a data-driven approach to product development.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understanding of how products and platforms help to shape the employee, customer, and enterprise experience and the intersection points of these experiences.
- Strong understanding of ITIL processes, certification is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge and depth in at least 2 Service Now modules: ITSM, ITOM, ITAM, IRC, HRSD, CSM, etc
- Proven ability to lead and develop teams of product owners.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.