Emergency Management Technician- Keesler AFB
Work Where it Matters
Akima Intra-Data (AID), an Akima company, is not just another federal logistics services provider. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AID, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AID provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AID delivers flexible, full-spectrum facilities, maintenance, and repair and logistics services that enable our customers to reduce operating costs, improve productivity, and enhance the value of their existing assets.
As an AID employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
This position is responsible for working in an Air Force Readiness and Emergency Management (EM) Flight. This position supports emergency management requirements to include but not limited to; training, development and management of emergency management plans that include the Installation Emergency Management Plan (IEMP) 10-2, The Contingency Response Plan (CRP) and Antiterrorism Operating Instruction.
- Accomplishes tasks, services, and requirements as instructed by Section Leads and Manager.
- Supports all aspects of the EM section activities.
- Facilitates creation of unit supporting checklists to the IEMP 10-2 and other plans.
- Participates in exercises and real-world events (upon CLIN enactment) to support the Wing Inspection Team (WIT) Program; manages the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) during exercises; and evaluates the EM Response.
- Contributes to the development of proposed guidance and coordinates with the Wing Force Protection / Threat Working Group (FP/TWG).
- Participates in and supports training programs for the Installation EM Program in accordance with AFI 10-2501, Chapter 6 and MAJCOM supplements.
- A thorough understanding of Air Force Emergency Management to include unit assessments, vulnerability and risk assessments and accident/incident response protocols.
- Must be working toward obtaining the United States Air Force 3E971, Emergency Management specialty code.
- Qualified hazardous materials technician by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress and National Fire Protection Act.
- Must have or be able to obtain a current DoD Security Clearance (SECRET minimum).
- Must be able to obtain NETOPS I certification.
- Certificate of completion for NETOP I and training.
- BA/BS degree in an associated discipline.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Program & Project Management
Clearance: Able to Obtain Secret
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AID00594