Manager Care Management - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Manager, Optum Advisory Services, Provider opportunity for a self-driven, collaborative case manager to partner with Optum leadership, remote and onsite teams to lead, assess, develop and implement an integrated, cohesive solution across Optum business units and key client services. This role is critical to ensuring Optum meets and exceeds our client expectations to Care Management and Clinical Variation services. The Manager will have a client- and patient-centric approach to program management, balanced with meeting Optum financial and non-financial business goals. We are looking for a proactive professional who is client savvy and can effectively execute against business objectives. This individual will work with leadership to structure to ensure seamless, consistent delivery of services and solutions.
The successful candidate must be passionate about driving improvements in performance, effective at working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and confident in their interactions with senior executives, providers, and business partners.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Supports the project team by participating in assessment, solution design, implementation, execution through coordination, documentation, and tracking metrics and outcome activities
- Supports the combined client and Optum Clinical Practice team by identifying opportunities and risks, facilitating solutions, and maintaining alignment with cross-functional priorities
- Works directly with the frontline leadership and client on daily operational development
- Drives clear, concise lines of communication with key stakeholders across Optum and client teams in coordination with the Optum leader to ensure effective implementation of service commitments and capturing needs for project success
- Ensures cross-project cohesion by identifying areas of dependency and collaboration, scheduling and facilitating team meetings to ensure cross-business organization and harmonization
- Supports client relationship and program management activities, including but not limited to:
- manages historical, current, and future state Care Management and Clinical services content, ensuring accessibility to team members
- manages and tracks the Care Management project plans and scoping documents, including tasks, activities and milestones in partnership with the assigned consultants
- organizes status reports, identifying and escalating risks and issues when appropriate
- manages and tracks Care Management data and information requests and documentation
- coordinates across business units to create cohesive, client-ready business deliverables; and
- tracks performance against contractual obligations
- Provides thoughtful input to optimize overall Care Management and Clinical Variation performance, advising leaders on performance management and improvement activities
- Works with Care Management and Clinical Variation leadership to establish and track measured outcomes, criteria, standards and levels using appropriate methods
- Supports service deployment and closely monitors performance, working with finance and operations to ensure financial viability and operational excellence
- Identifies business unit gaps and helps to develop action plans to mitigate risks and issues
- Helps to onboard new team members
- Builds trusting relationships with senior leaders, clinicians, and business partners
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Registered nurse, Bachelor of Nursing
- 5+ years of hospital care management including both discharge planning and utilization management experience
- Experience in customer relationship management
- Proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint for creating presentations
- Demonstrated planning, organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven self-guided, motivated, and able to simultaneously manage multiple activities with little direction
- Proven solid strategic thinking and business acumen with the ability to align clinical strategies and recommendations with business objectives
- Proven solid presentation, written and verbal communication skills, including communicating with senior leadership
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with internal business partners and stakeholders across a large matrixed organization
- Proven ability to develop relationships with clinicians and business leadership
- Proven adaptable and flexible style; able to thrive in fast-paced, ambiguous situations
- Ability to travel up to 80% to client sites
- Preferred locations - Colorado Springs, CO, Dallas, TX, Hartford, CT, Pittsburgh, PA, Boulder, CO, Houston, TX, Nashville, TN, Tampa, FL, Eden Prairie, MN, Phoenix, AZ, St. Louis, MO
- Master of Business Administration; Master of Health Administration
- Experience in hospital care management and/or leading complex clinical transformation consulting engagements resulting in significant recurring financial benefit
- Experience developing clinical transformation methodologies and designing innovative solutions in a complex and rapidly changing environment
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California/Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada/New Jersey/New York/Rhode Island/Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.