Federal Financial Management Consultant
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Conduct monthly reconciliations of CBDP data between different financial reporting systems
Generate daily/ weekly/ monthly Status of Funds and other funding execution reports for management
Develop new SOPs or recommend changes to existing SOPs to help improve CBDP’s business processes
Provide support for Financial statement audits and/or audit programs such as DAR-Q, RMIC, etc
UMT/ UMD research and reporting to leadership
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Financial Management experience desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/ Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience manipulating large financial datasets
- Knowledge of Government accounting policy and/or regulation including but not limited to FMR, FAR, and Circular A-123
- Minimum of 5 years of total professional experience
-Must live in or be within a commutable distance of DC and be willing to commute to Fort Belvoir when necessary
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Competent in database querying languages such as SQL
- Experience working in Government Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as GFEBS, DAI, DCAS, JICAP, ADVANA, etc.
- Experience with Enterprise Risk Management and audit remediation efforts
- Preferred bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- CGFM, CDFM, and CPA preferred
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM