Supply Chain Management/Logistics Internship
Ready to step into the world of supply chain operations? If you have a passion for logistics, organization and teamwork, Penske’s internship in distribution center management (DCM) offers a unique opportunity for hands-on learning in a dynamic and thriving industry. You’ll witness firsthand how your work helps streamline operations to keep businesses moving forward.
People: Communicate performance standards that are specific and measurable, monitor attendance, productivity and other performance markers and provide counseling and /or recognition to associates as needed.
Operations: Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work methods to increase productivity of dispatch/warehouse operations. Provide relief coverage for operational duties when associates utilize time-off or are absent from the shift. Have a working knowledge of the site’s operating systems to ensure operational compliance and correct exception resolution. Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
Finance: Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures such as inventory accuracy and control, returns, damages, etc. Understand the relationship between decision-making and profitability.
Safety: Ensure day-to-day management and associate activities are in alignment with the location safety strategy. Provide associates with communication, training, feedback, and direction to ensure safe performance. Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
Growth/Customer Experience: Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives. Determine areas that could benefit from Continuous Improvement efforts.
Fleet/Assets: Properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of fleet/warehouse equipment.
The Internship is approximately a 12-week program.
Pay : $22.00 per hour
Work Schedule : Monday – Friday with weekends as needed, depending on the needs of the operation.
• Pursuing a related business degree
• High School diploma or GED required
• Students must be entering their junior or senior year of college
• Must be able to commute to the operation daily.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions
• Demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience preferred
• Blue collar work experience preferred
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required
• Ability to learn and use proprietary software required
• Flexible to rotate through different shifts to gain experience preferred
• Ability to lead a small team, ability to work independently, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexibility, time management, and ability to execute are required
• 3.0 GPA or higher (Preferred)
• Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Must demonstrate ability to build and develop positive working rapport/relationships within department at all levels.
• Committed to learning and growing required; receptive to feedback and developing self-awareness
• Results oriented, attention to detail and effective time management and organizational skills
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Category: Logistics/Supply Chain
Job Family: General Administration
Address: 750 N 119th Ave Suite 200
Primary Location: US-AZ-Avondale
Employer: Penske Logistics LLC
Req ID: 2326848