Work Where it Matters
Akima Data Management (ADM), an Akima company, is not just another federal IT contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At ADM, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , ADM provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , ADM delivers agile and innovative cloud and IT services and solutions that enable mission dominance.
As an ADM employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
ADM is looking for a Knowledge Management to work in Alexandria, VA. To join our team of outstanding professionals, apply today!
The contractor shall provide support for documentation and preservation of metadata that explains how electronic records were created, used, and managed. The metadata must capture information through the full lifecycle of the record. The contractor shall assist IGD to ensure metadata:
- Mirrors the functional classifications specified by IGD ’s document management system.
- Encodes retention start dates into each record.
- Encodes the final disposition date into each record for disposition purposes.
- Contains tags for information categories such as personal privacy information and classified information.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Strong communication skills, including both written & verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills, including ability to anticipate needs and multi-task.
- Strong computer skills.
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience in records management and technical skills, including records management systems, imaging and emerging technologies with Information Science bachelor’s degree preferred; or 3-5 years prior relevant experience with an information management certification (i.e., Certified Information Professional (CIP) and/or Information Governance Professional (IGP)).
- National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) Federal records management training is desired.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: ADM00597