Senior Manager Project and Program Management
- Own specific projects on behalf of the VP and work across organizations and business units to deliver recommendations the organization can execute effectively.
- Perform the necessary analysis and provide recommendations on a course of action using the strategic thinking processes.
- Act as a trusted advisor and strategic thought partner to the VP and assist in facilitating effective decision making.
- Participate in key meetings in conjunction with or on behalf of the VP to provide directional insight and work with key stakeholders within and outside the organization to drive initiatives.
- Provide operational readiness, maximize time and efficiency by integrating cohesion and alignment while inspiring and engaging, presentation creation, and implement governance.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver business-impacting initiatives while providing analysis and routine updates to senior leadership teams.
- Work closely with product managers and stakeholders to prioritize initiatives, allocate resources, and drive successful product launches.
- Build positive client relationships during projects, assess the needs of the organization, identify customer requirements, and develop cohesive projects that improve the culture and operations of the business through more effective programs and events.
- Drive employee engagement to drive a positive employee experience and ensure alignment with the organization's goals
- Align key stakeholders, determine project schedules, and identify risk mitigation strategies.
- Develop intentional communications in partnership with Communications team and narrative development to ensure transparency throughout organization
- Continually demonstrate the CREDO in all activities
- Lead a team of professionals across business operations, portfolio management, and financial management functions.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement within the team.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and development opportunities to team members.
Where you'll be working....
"In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager."
What we're looking for...
You bring both a business perspective and an understanding of the marketplace and not just theory and numbers. You are a sought after resource for advice and counsel that can be trusted based on thoughtful and thorough analysis. You are a highly effective communicator and listen with both eyes and ears. You value diverse perspectives and seek out different points of view when trying to solve complex problems and are not afraid to speak their mind. You are comfortable working in an ambiguous working environment and be proactive to support their peers and leaders. You act with a sense of urgency and deliver on-time, on-budget results. You are able to lead meetings with senior staff, track action items, and push deliverables to completion.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Understanding of the financial planning and management process.
- Managed large complex projects involving multiple work streams and stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills including creating content and associated backup materials.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent presentation ability.
- Experience working alongside senior leaders.
- Motivated and influenced teams to deliver outcomes and results.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $123,000.00 and $228,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.