IBM Expert Labs GDPS® IT Management Consultant
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Systems Expert Labs organization is looking for an IBM Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex (IBM GDPS®) IT Management Consultant with expertise in IBM Z, zOS and Storage technology and products to lead and deliver pre-sales and post-sales client engagements that enable the adoption of IBM GDPS®.
Ideal candidates will have demonstrated a successful history of implementing IBM GDPS® engagements, be familiar with sysplex architectural methods, can independently assess IT infrastructures, evaluate gaps in best practices and create IBM GDPS® solution recommendations for client environments while displaying excellent collaboration and communication with Clients, Sellers, Business Partners and Colleagues by delivering reports to clients.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering IBM GDPS® solution design, architecture, and implementation of IBM GDPS® solutions which may include:
- Setting up, configuring and cloning z/OS LPARs
- Configuring and customizing GDPS® functional capabilities
- Designing and customizing NetView automation, REXX and JCL to support IBM GDPS® environment.
- Assisting with customer IBM GDPS® deployment testing
- Providing technical guidance and skills transfer to customer personnel for IBM GDPS® related topics.
- Producing planning and implementation reports and documentation.
- Installation, configuration, testing and maintenance of IBM Z operating system, subsystem, and related Z software
- Other technical tasks as necessary to accomplish successful customer outcomes
You will work with customers and IBM Sales and Business Partners to position, scope, and delivery of IBM GDPS® which is a collection of system recovery offerings on the IBM Z® platform, each of which uses services, clustering technologies, and server and storage replication and automation. Candidates must possess a strong background in executive consulting or technical sales and knowledge of IBM’s GDPS® portfolio.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- z/OS High Availability technology and capabilities including Parallel Sysplex (eg: GRS, Coupling Facilities and Sysplex Failure Management)
- z/VM system programming or Linux on z Systems administration
- Copy Services technology including Metro Mirror, Global Mirror and z/OS Global Mirror (plus FlashCopy Software replication
- Successfully delivering IBM Z projects and/or architecting and planning infrastructures for customer’s data centers
- Customer or executive facing communications, requirements analysis, documentation, and report presentations
- Networking skills especially TCP/IP knowledge
- Tivoli System Automation and/or NetView
- Storage management experience using DFSMS
- Ability to lead customer technical workshops up to 20+ people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge or experience with GDPS®, PPRC and DR solution design and procedures
- Practical SMP/E knowledge
- Assembler, JCL, REXX and CLIST knowledge
- Basic RACF knowledge
About Business Unit
With IBM software, running on Red Hat OpenShift and Enterprise Linux, we are committed with helping our clients and business partners address their most critical requirements. We're helping them embrace AI to manage and analyze data, applications, and services across hybrid multicloud environments. With greater insights from their data, they are creating systems that run better, faster, and more securely – to better support modern society.
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM