Senior Manager, Case Advisor or Utilization Management - Telecommute (99801541)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Manager, Case Advisor / Utilization Management Product role is an opportunity for a self-driven, collaborative manager to lead the strategic direction, development roadmap, and continuous improvement of acute care utilization management services for hospitals and health systems. You will apply product management discipline to drive Case Advisor product innovation that creates value for our clients through utilization management and drives Optum business growth.
The successful candidate must be passionate about improving health care processes, effective at driving progress in a complex, sometimes ambiguous environment, and confident in their interactions with senior leaders, providers, and business partners.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Leads strategic roadmap, product development/enhancement and management for Case Advisor solutions in the provider market
- Maintains deep understanding of competitive market and provider client needs
- Defines, manages, and communicates the product strategy and roadmap that addresses provider market business needs, provides measurable client value and supports business growth
- Works with technical SMEs and matrix partners to translate required capabilities into concrete operational processes and measurement plans
- Communicates business requirements to technical and analytics partners
- Helps to set product development priorities based on market, client and key internal stakeholder input, balancing needs of commercial market and enabling capabilities
- Partners with growth, marketing and go-to-market teams to establish an impactful selling strategy and market story
- Collaborates with client teams to maintain high levels of client satisfaction and service expansion. Seeks feedback from prospective and existing clients to identify new opportunities and adjust the product offerings
- Monitors and acts on product performance data (e.g., market, financial, and operational) to identify new enhancement opportunities, working with finance and operations to ensure financial viability, operational excellence and continuous improvement
- Supports proactive issue resolution and productive problem solving when concerns arise around product design and business processes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of product development and/or management experience, including technology-enabled services
- 5+ years of experience driving major initiatives across complex, matrix organizations
- 3+ years of health care industry experience
- Experience with health information exchange standards
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Advanced degree, MHA, MBA or related
- Experience in health care delivery and/or operations
- Experience with product development standards like Agile
- Demonstrated self-starter and team leader with solid planning, organization, analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Proven track record of building and influencing relationships with external and internal executives, clinicians and stakeholders
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Product Manager, Healthcare, Senior Manager, Case Advisor, Utilization Management, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work At Home, Work From Home, Remote