Manager of Network Partnerships, Optum Tri-State
Optum Tri-State brings patients local care, backed by national expertise. As a premier provider of health care services, Optum Tri-State offers services including primary care, urgent care, and a diverse range of specialty care, outpatient surgery, and imaging. Drawing on the knowledge of leading doctors and healthcare experts, Optum helps 1.6 million patients across 630 locations access high-quality, affordable healthcare within their community.
Optum Tri-State seeking a Manager of Network Partnerships to join our growing team in New Jersey. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role is responsible for the performance management of Optum Care Network of New Jersey (OCNJ) network participants (Health systems, ASCs, SFS, etc.) in global-risk contracts. This position will support the development of relationships with OCNJ network participants and work to align stakeholders to execute on the risk, quality and overall population health performance goals of the contract. This role reports directly to the Director of Network Partnerships for OCNJ. This role will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of clinical and business stakeholders across all core value-based care capabilities: Network Development, Population Health Analytics, Quality measure performance, HCC/Risk Adjustment, Provider Engagement/Change Management, Medical Management, and EMR/data integration. This position will be responsible for directly engaging network partner operational counterparts, developing and communicating tactical plans, sharing performance reports and collaborating on improvement opportunities. The position requires strong project management, problem solving, and content development and communication/presentation skills.
- Supports the Director of Network Partnerships with developing strong operational relationships with network participants
- Develop materials and content to support external c-suite level performance JOCs and operational workgroup meetings and manages up to ensure milestones are met
- Responsible for the project management of multiple cross-functional work streams (IT, Clinical Operations, Quality, Risk Adjustment, Population Health Analytics, and Marketing) to ensure the delivery of high quality, strategically prioritized quality, risk adjustment and clinical initiatives to drive OCNJ program performance
- Review and interpret analytics deliverables to support network partners in performance management and improvement opportunities
- Ensure delivery of network participant reporting in timely and organized fashion
- Responsible for identifying, escalating and problem solving the day-to-day operational needs of network partners
- Support development and delivery of education to network participants
- Facilitates partner meetings and coordination of deliverables
- In partnership with the Director of Network Partnerships, develops and consolidates key documentation of operational programs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health Administration, or related field
- 2+ years of direct business experience in managed care operations at a health insurance company, healthcare consulting firm, integrated delivery system or population health services company
- Experience working in client/external-facing role
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint; proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Understanding of healthcare value-based concepts, payment methodology, and fee for service reimbursement methodologies across various specialties and facilities
- Excellent organization skills with an ability to multitask across projects in a variety of subject matter areas and manage up to ensure milestones are met
- Excellent organization skills with an ability to multitask across projects in a variety of subject matter areas.
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills with the ability to engage external audiences, build credibility and trust
- Models concepts of continual learning and willingness to be a thought partner with other members of the Optum team
- Self-starter with strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop contextually rich presentations to clearly communicate complex concepts
- Ability to develop contextually rich and visually compelling presentations to communicate complex concepts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
About Optum Tri-State. Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey and Southern Connecticut. For more information, visit www.optum.com/tri.
CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH Care Associates, and Riverside Medical Group (the “Practices”) are all physician owned and led practices having complete authority for all medical decision-making and patient care through their physicians and other licensed professionals. Optum, through its management organizations (“Optum”) provides non-clinical administrative services to support the Practices and their physicians. Neither Optum nor its management companies employs, engages, or supervises physicians or other licensed professionals, or determines or sets the methods, standards, or conduct of the practice of medicine or health care provided by the Practices or by any of their licensed professionals. “Part of Optum” reflects that the Practices are part of Optum’s effort to support forward-thinking physician practices in helping their patients live healthier lives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.