Rehab Office Manager - Optum Tri State
Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey, and Southern Connecticut. For more information, visit www.optum.com/tri.
Riverside Medical Group is growing our team in New Jersey and Connecticut. As part of Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Office Manager oversees daily office operations and ensures that all staff members are providing patients with the highest standards of medical care and a positive customer service experience while effectively and efficiently collaborating with clinical and executive leadership.
- Supervise office staff, including receptionists, medical assistants, technicians, etc.
- Staff schedules and ensuring appropriate coverage in the office
- Conflict de-escalation and resolution, and appropriate action plan
- Help train staff and is responsible for ensuring that employees are competent for functional role, including ensuring that all staff members are adequately trained on Epic EMR software and proper utilization
- Monitor cash drawers on the Epic EMR System
- Maintain Medical Records in order
- Communicate with patients and provide information material for them when necessary
- Handle complaints from patients and appropriately assist staff to resolve issues
- Create reports, analyze and interpret patient data, like demographics, no-shows, etc.
- Delegates responsibilities to employees to achieve specific team goals
- Ensure compliance with current healthcare regulations, medical laws and high ethical standards
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisory or managerial role, preferably in Rehab PT and Chriopactic Office
- Travel between two offices Jersey City and Secaucus, NJ
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- BS degree in Healthcare Administration, business, or relevant field
- Rehab Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Great problem-solving attitude
- Flexibility in schedule
- Ability to handle medical records discreetly
- Ability to multi-task and perform in stressful situations
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH Care Associates, and Riverside Medical Group (the “Practices”) are all physician owned and led practices having complete authority for all medical decision-making and patient care through their physicians and other licensed professionals. Optum, through its management organizations (“Optum”) provides non-clinical administrative services to support the Practices and their physicians. Neither Optum nor its management companies employ, engages, or supervises physicians or other licensed professionals, or determines or sets the methods, standards, or conduct of the practice of medicine or health care provided by the Practices or by any of their licensed professionals. “Part of Optum” reflects that the Practices are part of Optum’s effort to support forward-thinking physician practices in helping their patients live healthier lives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.