Manager, Administrative Services
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
Responsible for supervising various departments and overseeing the daily operations of the Center areas of responsibility as determined by the Health Center.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum's commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Oversees the management of the Health Center departments and functions (Medical records, Registration/Front Desk, Appointment Center, Switchboard, Transcription)
- Oversees the administrative functions for at least four of the following Health Center services or programs: Primary Care (Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics), Specialty Care (Medical and Surgical), Occupational Medicine Program, Urgent or Immediate Care, After-Hour Services (weekends or nights), Ancillary Services (Radiology or Physical Therapy)
- Ensures department compliance with HealthCare Partners and departmental policies and procedures
- Coordinates patient scheduling with providers’ schedules
- Monitors appointment availability and makes recommendations for improving access and provider productivity
- Develops and implements plans to improve patient satisfaction
- Coordinates programs to orient new patients
- Participates actively in organizational committees and directs at least one Health Center committee/group which meets on a regular basis
- Monitors expenditures and financial disbursements including the coordination of petty cash requests
- Assists the Administrator with long-range planning projects
- Assumes responsibility for all operational functions of the Health Center in the absence of the Administrator as assigned
- Provides direction, leadership and guidance to department supervisors and staff
- Provides staff supervision including hiring, training, motivating, evaluating, counseling and termination of employees as necessary
- Participates in the development of departmental policies and procedures
- Implements new or updated policies and procedures to ensure compliance with changes
- Functions as a liaison and maintains open communication for areas of responsibility with patients, providers, administration and other departments
- Develops and implements departmental budgets, goals and required reports
- Adheres to Universal Precautions at all times
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures at all times
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- 1+ years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Suite
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a healthcare setting
- Managed Care experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.