HSS Manager - Remote in Roanoke, Wytheville or Abingdon, VA
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The HSS Manager will lead a care management team while overseeing day-to-day clinical operations and health plan clinical initiatives to support achieving quality and affordability targets. The Manager will manage a program and region, including process improvement, execution of clinical decision processes, and team management, to include performance management and implementation of program initiatives.
If you are located in Roanoke, Wytheville or Abingdon, VA, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges. Must travel up to 25%
- Hire, manage, develop, mentor and support staff in designated department or region
- Develop clear goals and objectives for performance management, effectively communicate expectations, and hold the team accountable for results
- Identify, select, structure, and prioritize process improvement projects, ultimately implementing changes to meet program requirements
- Review data and facts to identify and solve issues, mitigate risks, prioritize teams’ workloads, and assign direction for ad hoc projects needed
- Ensure standardized execution of workflow processes, including conducting performance audits, quality reviews, and compliance adherence
- Acts as regional interface with other departments to coordinate workflow processes and implementation plans
- Assist with resolution of outpatient provider authorizations and collaborate with Provider relations to assist in Provider resolutions
- Carry member case load as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted independent licensure as a Registered Nurse or Social Worker, or 4-Year Clinical Degree
- 3+ years of Clinical Experience
- 1+ years Leadership Experience with responsibility for team performance
- Intermediate MS Office skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel within assigned territory to meet with employees, members, and providers
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master's Degree or Higher in Clinical Field
- Background in Managed Care
- Experience working in team-based care
- Ability to transition from office to field locations multiple times per day
- Ability to navigate multiple locations/terrains to visit employees, members and/or providers
- Ability to transport equipment to and from field locations needed for visits (ex. laptop, stethoscope, etc.)
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time to complete computer or tablet work duties
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.