The Project Manager dotted line reports to Optum Financials’ Health Benefit Account Business & Integration Leader and is responsible for the coordination and completion of programs/projects across various functional areas, with a strong Operational support. This role will provide subject matter expertise in areas including scope definition, risk identification, methodologies used, resource allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on established program management techniques. Presentations to management on program updates, lifecycle management and expected results will be required.
Duties include executing program plans aligning to business roadmaps, supporting initiatives as assigned that directly grow Optum Financials’ business. Primary responsibilities include partnership and program management efforts with various internal teams, accountability for end-to-end program deliverables and process, and alignment with Optum Financials’ business objectives.
- Define, coordinate, and execute on program/project scope.
- Generate program timelines and track efforts to ensure desired outcomes are met.
- Drive decisions, resolve escalated issues, and drive to results using data, collaboration, influence, and strong execution capacities.
- Serve as liaison to Program Governance, Business Owner, Leadership, & ensure all are appropriately informed & engaged in program activities
- Challenge & understand all data analysis results & alternatives
- Work collaboratively with other leaders across Optum Financial.
• Strong operational focus with demonstrated project management, change management, and execution skills.
• Health and Market industry knowledge
• Experience handling multiple, complex, and competing priorities and projects
• Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Teams)
• Proficiency with MS Project, MS Visio
Potential Project Focus Areas:
• Account migration
• Operational Improvements
• Data & Analytics
• Legal/Compliance Initiatives
• Cross-UHG Consumer Experience
• Transfer Activities