Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work. SM
As Project/Transitions Manager you will have overall responsibility of managing end-to-end process transitions as per the company’s defined transition methodology.
- Manage seamless transitions for assigned line of service/business
- Act as a mentor for Transition Consultants and provide support in migration, as needed
- Manage engagement-specific escalations
- Follow the company-mandated transition methodology with 100% compliance in documentation audits
- Develop detailed project plans, staffing models and risk assessment trackers
- Demonstrate strong objective decision-making ability & analyzing complex situations by breaking them into their constituent parts
- Contribute innovatively to customize the Transition process for projects of varying complexity/expectations
- Drive high rigor in transition cadence and follow up with the team for timely feedback on progress/ challenges
- Demonstrate project management skills with the FTR (First Time Right) culture of the Transitions team - taking time, cost, quality and all other critical factors into consideration
- Proactively drives contingency planning efforts
- Work closely with all cross-functional teams to ensure timely achievement of deliverables and status reporting across hiring, IT, training & service delivery
- Collaborate with Operations teams to arrive at proficiency glide path to achieve 100% targets post training.
- Work closely with the Operations team to report performance on defined metrics and drive RCA and actions towards issue resolution
- Work with onshore solutioning & engagement teams to understand & support the solution with a transition plan
- Independently manage and present progress reports in PMO forums including customers/clients
- English and Spanish proficiency.
- Professional presence: Good body language & positive approach to challenges
- Communication skills: Ability to articulate thoughts clearly, active listening and comprehension skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Should have exposure to deal with Clients (US) and Internal stakeholders
- Should be good in decision making and negotiations with delivery leaders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.