Proposal Content Manager - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum content team manages a proposal response database that provides quick and easy access to high-quality, strategic and dynamic content for use in customer proposals. The team also fosters partnerships with subject matter experts (SMEs), solution sales representatives, writers, proposal managers and others involved in the proposal process. Content managers are highly skilled writers and strategists who use their natural inquisitiveness and innate desire to “get things right” to fully understand the products they support and create responses that clearly articulate our value story and how our services help members live healthier lives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Master assigned content areas and serve as a resource for proposal team members and other business partners
- Manage records in our proposal content database for assigned products and maintain proposal-related resources (e.g., tables, graphics, SME lists, attachments)
- Partner with SMEs regularly to stay apprised of changes and enhancements to products/solutions, review and update affected records, identify the need for and create new records, and share updates with the proposal team and others affected by these changes
- Ensure content is easy to find, accurate, well-written, compelling and strategic
- Develop content review plans and complete ongoing reviews of assigned content areas to ensure records are current and align with organizational win themes
- Proactively enhance the quality of database content using proof points, differentiators and strategic positioning
- Address content feedback provided by end-users, such as proposal managers (PMs) and writers, in a timely and effective manner
- Consult with writers and/or PMs during the proposal process to provide product guidance/education and direct them to the most appropriate resources for additional information
- Capture new/updated content from recently completed proposals, verifying content is responsive, accurate, concise, and complies with organizational editorial guidelines
- Deliver database-related training to end-users so they understand how to best use the tool
- Solicit feedback from end-users regarding changes to the database that will make it easier for them to locate content
- Stay current on database enhancements and agreed-upon content best practices and reposition content and record metadata to optimize the end-user experience
- Develop creative and innovative solutions/approaches to problems and drive change across the team, including participating in work groups and assisting with special projects
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of proposal writing/content management experience, preferably in health care
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office’s product suite
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications, creative writing, public relations or a related field
- Solid cloud-based communications and content management system experience (RFPIO experience preferred, but not required)
- High level of accountability for work performed
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, interviewing and relationship-building skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills for understanding complex ideas and then explaining them simply to others in both oral and written formats
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks efficiently, effectively and on time in a metrics-driven organization
- Intense customer focus and ability to adapt style and approach to customer preferences
- Flexible and able to cope with changing conditions
- Excellent writing, editing and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective project management capabilities, including the ability to deliver results as part of a team and/or as an individual contributor and request timely guidance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.