Senior Project Manager II - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
On the one hand, no industry is moving faster than health care. On the other, no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than Optum and UnitedHealth Group. That's what makes this opportunity so inviting. We have hundreds of business verticals across our matrixed organizations that are bringing thousands of new ideas, services and products to the marketplace every year. Our goal is simple. Use data and technology to help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. When you join us as a Project Manager, you'll be engaged in a complex business model that is highly adaptable to build solutions that meet their customer needs in a competitive and effective way. If you're out to do more, this is the place to be.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Drive and own the development of program/project scope statements (e.g., program/project charter, Statement of ---Work, Business Vision Document), Project/Program Plans, Communication Plans and Status/Issue Reporting
- Lead the gathering of input on project/program schedule, budget, scope, benefit and quality. Identify cross organizational impacts and determine appropriate communication
- Leverage resources to ensure completion of project/program work on time and on budget
- Drive development of project budgets/forecasts, ensure capture of project economics (e.g., cost/benefit analysis, capital planning, staffing impact analysis/assessment) applicable stakeholders’ approvals
- Proactively identify and address issues, challenges and problems that arise during course of project/program
- Ensure identification, establishment and application of quality objectives, criteria and standards using appropriate quality management methods in coordination with stakeholders (e.g., key performance indicators, scope definition)
- Drive project/program success through implementation of best in class change management practices in coordination with applicable stakeholders and partners
- Model skill and knowledge enhancement through new experiences, education and work assignments
- Demonstrate experience appropriate mastery of skills and behaviors and seek feedback for improvement and focus
- Support team leaders in the management of talent and assist in building, maintaining and strengthening teams to achieve high performance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of project management experience or similar experience
- Experience in a cross matrixed enterprise environment
- Proven executive communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated excellent time management, organizational, prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Proven ability to gain acceptance for ideas, plans, actions and then implement across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Proven excellent facilitation and relationship building skills
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.