Business Project Manager, Hybrid in Minnetonka, MN
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
People say change is hard. We say so what? We're in the business of making health care more affordable, simpler and easier for people to access. And we need really smart business professionals who can help us. This Senior Business Project Manager Analyst will report to a Director of a Sales Agent Portal Team under M&R Distribution Sales. You will use your sharp business skills to assist in creating, controlling and improving business processes in achieving improved agent self-service on the portal. You will solve complex problems as you serve as a resource to others on your elite team. You will create process design, project implementation, diagnose process improvement opportunities and develop solutions.
This position will be Hybrid based in our Minnetonka, Minnesota office.
- Lead or help develop project or program scope statements, in consultation with applicable stakeholders
- Develop, communicate and implement program/project risk/issue management plans and strategies (e.g. mitigation, avoidance, transfer, acceptance)
- Lead process design and project implementation teams in process improvement activities
- Drive process improvement opportunities and develop solutions using principles of process excellence and related tools
- Demonstrated skills with handling difficult situations in a confident and diplomatic manner
- Will drive projects and be self-directed and motivated
- Be the business subject matter expert, experienced in business analysis and requirements gathering
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience leading business process or technical projects
- 3+ years of experience managing project scope, schedule and change control
- 3+ years of experience working and communicating with all levels of leadership
- 2+ years of professional experience with MS Project, Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration, or related field
- Health care Industry experience
- Team lead or project lead experience
- Government Programs experience
- Demonstrated history in navigating cross functional/cross segment, enterprise groups within an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.