Technical Project Manager - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
If you are a detail-oriented, motivated project manager, who thrives on a diverse set of job responsibilities, then your skills are needed as a Project Manager on our PMO team. As part of the project team your project management skills and attention to detail will be used across a spectrum of project management activities. Your role will involve a variety of activities that will require skills such as project management, business analysis, data analysis, project quality, and departmental performance monitoring. You will provide project management for a variety of technical projects – with activities and artifacts including: project charter/scope document, project schedule, IRADs, status reports, presentations, agendas & minutes, roles & responsibilities, quality tracking, issue or conflict resolution, and stakeholder management. You will create and document performance to quality measures ensuring that our projects are following repeatable, reliable processes and methods.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Technical project management and solution delivery working with teams from various cross-functional areas to achieve expected results
- Drive delivery process (create work breakdown) to ensure various methodologies come together and team is enabled to meet agreed upon scope within committed timeframes and budget
- Ensure Project/Program delivery specific to the methodology of the project/program (e.g., Waterfall, Agile) by effective management of scope, timelines, resources, financials, risks, and issues
- Manage milestones and work with team to identify delivery dates and steps to get there: develop detailed project plans, dependencies, predecessors, milestones
- Partner with the cross-functional teams to identify gaps and drive and take accountability
- Facilitate meetings and interactions as needed to achieve delivery objectives
- Mobilize meetings (set objectives), status meetings, stakeholders reviews, change management
- Facilitate collaboration between teams
- Resolve conflict as needed
- Drive action and hold others accountable for delivery
- Prepare and communicate delivery status to stakeholders, including progress, obstacles, risks
- Selection of appropriate tools and methodologies
- Governance, Status Reporting and issues & risk management to happen through the defined tools & methodology
- Proactively identify issues utilizing metrics and stakeholder feedback; avoid “fire drills”
- Understand when to escalate an issue and who needs to be involved/informed in making decisions
- Managing the IRAD
- Provide guidance and leadership to teams
- Think independently and identify risk
- Create and execute plans to mitigate risks
- Provide matrixed leadership to resources assigned to deliverables - adjust as needed
- Influence direction setting, facilitate decision making, resolve conflicts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of equivalent experience
- 3+ years of technical project management experience
- 2+ years of experience in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders and various cross-functional teams to complete work within set SLAs/metrics
- Ability to travel up to 10% based on business needs
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- PMP Certification or actively pursuing
- Experience with Clarizen
- Experience in a large matrix environment
- Experience with SharePoint
- Solid Healthcare Technology understanding
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Sense of ownership, accountability and a “can do” attitude
- Excellent time management, organizational, prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Positive attitude and comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to influence and work with internal and external stakeholders/resources to move projects and programs forward and overcome any challenges
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.