Senior Project Manager, OptumRx - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
This position is a senior project management role, executing up to 5 to 10 UHC client-driven projects per year. Overall project volume for the person in this role can be lower, because they will be often be assigned the largest, most complex initiatives. Their projects involve larger project teams and workstreams that often require multiple phases over several months. This person is responsible for leading initiatives that span OptumRx and UHC and includes health plan integrations & migrations. This role requires significant understanding of both OptumRx and the UHC pharmacy operating model. A percentage of assigned projects may be new or enhanced product offerings or regulatory and compliance driven to ensure that OptumRx is administering UHC pharmacy business in accordance with all applicable state and federal mandates. Additionally, the person in this role must be available as needed to provide Peak Season and year-end readiness project support.
If you are a detail-oriented, highly motivated and experienced project manager, who thrives on a diverse set of job responsibilities, then your skills are needed as a Senior Project Manager on our OptumRx Client Services & Implementation project management team.
As part of the project team your project management skills, relationship management and attention to detail will be used across a spectrum of PMO activities. Your role will involve a variety of activities that will require skills such as project management, business analysis, data analysis, project quality, and performance monitoring. You may also be asked to apply different project methodologies such as Agile, or Waterfall process.
You will provide senior project management (and some business analysis) for a variety of projects - with activities and artifacts including: project plans, IRAADs, status reports, presentations, meeting agendas & minutes, roles & responsibilities, quality tracking, issue or conflict resolution, and meeting scheduling.
You will create and document performance to quality measures ensuring that our projects are following repeatable, reliable processes and methods.
Your work may involve other supporting activities during Peak Season or year-end readiness, typically occurring between September through January each year.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Plan, conduct, manage, and report all aspects of assigned project work
- Be the business project management subject matter expert for assigned areas of responsibility
- Demonstrate a functional understanding of the end-to-end pharmacy operating model
- Lead all aspects of project management for assigned projects
- Provide timely written and/or verbal communications to critical stakeholders and management regarding key deliverables
- Create business requirements and process documentation as / when needed
- Function effectively and independently in a multi-project environment with changing priorities
- Work is generally self-directed and not prescribed
- Work with less structured, more complex projects, programs, and issues
- Serve as mentor and coach to less experienced PM’s
- Aid in flex assignments and other duties as assigned by management. Assignments will be determined based upon the functional need and the skills & experience of each resource
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Health Administration, related field, or equivalent work experience (4 years+)
- 5+ years project management experience involving:
- Project management and leading project teams to a successful, on-time conclusion
- Data collection and business analysis
- Creating and maintaining project documents (Project Plan, IRAAD, Status Reports, Agendas, Meeting Minutes, Roles & Responsibilities, Reports, and metrics)
- Conducting written and verbal communications, including follow up on action items and/or issues to multiple audiences, including senior executives
- 2+ years of pharmacy experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of end-to-end pharmacy operating model or health plan operating model
- Mid-level expertise in using basic MS-Office tools, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Mid-level expertise in using project-specific tools such as MS-Project, Visio, and SharePoint
- Sound communication skills (verbal and written), inc. experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- Able to telecommute
- PMP Certification
- Experience leading large, complex PBM or health plan migration or acquisition integrations
- Medicare Part D experience
- Operations, Regulatory or Compliance, Implementation, and / or Account Management experience
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work schedule and tasks
- Ability to work in a self-directed, less prescribed environment
- Advanced critical thinking and decision-making skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.