Epic Manager - Dublin (Hybrid)
Optum is a health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. We serve people throughout the entire health system. This allows us to bring a uniquely broad, yet experienced, perspective. We have the ability and scale to help our clients both envision and implement new approaches that drive meaningful, enduring and positive change. Beyond just a company and a brand, Optum is a unique and valuable collection of people, capabilities, competencies, technologies, perspectives and partners. These resources along with our highly-integrated breadth of services across UnitedHealth Group, places Optum in an unparalleled position to positively transform the entire health system. We do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Letterkenny office and telecommuting from a home-based office in a hybrid work model.
Epic is an electronic healthcare system which is used by many hospitals to document the patient’s clinical journey from booking right through to discharge. It also manages many back office functions , including revenue and other administrative areas.
As an Epic Manager, you would be responsible to serve as a liaison between end-users and act as a primary advisor and mentor all project team members and other information management resources while building the Epic application team in each assigned Epic module, including EpicCare Ambulatory, ClinDoc, Reporting, MyChart, and others.
Strong candidates for these roles will be able to demonstrate self-motivation, individual leadership and team collaboration. Most importantly, our OEES team will foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and drive innovation for our company and our clients.
- Supervise Epic application design, development, maintenance activities of applications under direct purview
- Collaborate with end users to design Epic Inpatient workflows by suggesting corrective adjustments or enhancements
- Determine staffing requirements, perform capacity planning for resources and supervise the work of direct reports to ensure that team is functioning effectively and efficiently
- Serve as a mentor, resource, and primary advisor for all direct reports
- Provides technical/clinical workflow guidance including application configuration. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates systems needs to develop recommendations for customers
- Lead all phases (design, build, testing) of medium to large scale Epic projects, including software upgrades, implementation of new modules and significant optimization initiatives
- Provide support for application incidents reported through the help desk; including 24/7 on call coverage as required
- Manage in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Significant experience across HealthCare and/or IT domains with a substantial amount of that experience working with Epic configuration, and resource management and/or large-scale project management
- Obtained at least two active current Epic certifications
- Completed Epic CEE (Continued Epic Education) to maintain certifications, proficiencies, and badges
- Ability to work a portion of monthly work hours from our Letterkenny office is required
At Optum, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Keywords: #RPO #ERP