Manager, Capital Project Controls
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are looking for a motivated professional to join the Engineering team at Phoenix. This is an exciting time to join our team and become part of the growth and expansion of the site. We need an exceptional project controller with self-initiative, solid finance and cost accounting background, and strong sense of urgency to be able to manage capital project budgets and forecasts for site engineering projects through collaboration with engineers.
Purpose and Scope of Position
This position is tasked with providing financial, accounting, and capital budgeting support to site leadership team for all site engineering capital projects.
- Provide project controls oversight of capital projects through regular reviews of change requests, schedule, cost and cash flow projections, risk management, project reporting and financial audit preparation
- Ensure compliance with BMS Global Engineering Governance model, standards, and finance requirements
- Work with Global Engineering, Finance, and site leadership to develop and analyze capital project cash flow forecasts and suggest risk adjustments
- Gather and analyze financial data
- Prepare detailed reports, both periodically and ad-hoc
- Lead project controls and schedule assessments utilizing external resources
- Review site projects with specific site owners and manage proper asset capitalization and/or write-off
- Create capital budgets and coordinate with functions to monitor spending
- Align project controls planning to ensure consistency of project controls execution
- Suggest cost-reducing or profitable solutions during the capital planning process
- Perform other tasks as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Finance
- Minimum of 7 years’ proven experience implementing project controls in a regulated industry (i.e., GxP manufacturing / supply chain / research and development)
- Experience with Capital Project Management and Project Controls processes
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Significant biologics/pharmaceutical/R&D project experience
- Intermediate understanding and experience with SAP
- Strong background and understanding in the planning, design, procurement, execution, and closure of projects
- Demonstrated project controls skills in budgeting, project change management, reporting and forecasting, scheduling, claims and management
- Ability to analyze project schedules and develop reports and mitigation plans
- Ability to participate in change event analysis and estimating
- Experience in data, operational and financial analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Project, PowerPoint, SAP, Ariba and Primavera P6
- Familiarity with capital project financial auditing
- Great attention to detail and flexibility to learn
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.