Capability Manager - Remote
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Capability Manager overseeing multiple Claim Domain initiatives that intersect with other domains through the duration of the United Strategic Platform project, monitoring for timeline progress, issues, risks, and resourcing.
Position will work collaboratively to plan, coordinate, and execute efforts between various Business areas, IT Application Support Groups and segment platforms acting as a Capability/Product Manager in our Agile environment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Drive product vision and strategy
- Capability Manager leadership in project plan development, IRAAD development and establishing project weekly and/or biweekly meeting agendas
- Comfortable being hands on building new technologies, new business processes, and new operational support materials
- Monitor development or revision of project technologies to be utilized by the United Strategic Platform Claim Domain
- Conduct regular meetings with all WorkStream leads across the United Strategic Platform program on progress and strategy
- Conduct weekly and/or biweekly meetings with all Capability Managers related to specific efforts on project status
- Lead strategy assessment, development and/or revision for specific project elements
- Serve as a primary resource and subject matter expert related to Claim Domain project efforts
- Support Claim Domain efforts around strategy meetings, agenda development, meeting & materials preparation, presentation development
- Monitor issues and risks, develop contingency or mitigation plans
- Provide weekly project status reporting
- Utilize Agile and Lean processes in the Project Management and Program Management process.
- Conduct process analysis to increase Claim Domain overall performance and consistency across all Functional Domains
- Lead and support release activity for any assigned project
- Serve as process expert to identify and approve process changes impacting the Claim Domain operations
- Partner with product team to ensure Operational Readiness tasks are identified by product and completed
- 25% travel is required. Travel expense paid by the company. Travel would include leaving Monday morning and returning late Thursday; work from home on any days you are not traveling
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Project Management experience
- 1+ years of Agile experience
- 1+ years of Claims experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with Operations leaders and other internal and external audiences
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Power Point)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Claim Cross Domain experience
- Experience in Claim Operations End-to-End
- Experience in United Strategic Platform
- Experience developing innovation programs for Claim Operations
- Experience with intake processes upstream from various claim processing platforms
- UHG organizational system and policy knowledge
- Proactive problem solver and critical thinker with excellent planning, coordination, and organizational skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The Salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.