CT/MRI Manager - Reliant Medical Group
**10,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates*
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.
Reliant Medical Group in Worcester has an opening for a full-time Radiology Manager. This position offers great compensation and comprehensive benefits within a positive, team-oriented environment.
The Radiology Manager coordinates and manages assigned specialties within the Radiology Department, addresses radiologist service and operational needs, attends to referring provider and vendor concerns, supports the department’s strategic goals and objectives, and implements department initiatives as needed.
- Fosters a cross-functional, cooperative team environment for staff within sites under his/her jurisdiction. Serves as department representative on clinical initiatives as required
- Works with the appropriate staff to optimize workflow, staffing and services within designated Radiology specialties
- Collaborates effectively with other department managers to facilitate change and resolve service issues
- Implements new services, policies and procedures while maintaining service quality and consistency
- Participates in inter/intra departmental service projects to ensure optimal diagnostic services to patients
- Develops and recommends the operating and capital budgets for the areas managed. Manages activities to assure financial goals are met. Monitors expenditures for compliance to approved budget. Resolves discrepancies
- Safeguards compliance with regulatory agencies such as DPH, ACR, etc. Develops and maintains procedures necessary to meet regulatory requirements, established clinic policies, quality assurance programs, and safety/infection control policies
- Responsible for the accurate development and timely submission of reports including payroll, site statistics, quality assurance, budget analysis, etc.
- Ensures designated specialties maintain and/or exceed established patient satisfaction survey score levels
- In the absence of the Director, may make operational decisions, attends meetings and responds to administrative requests.
- Provides input to supervisors regarding development and completion of department goals
- Works with supervisory staff to maintain maximum equipment operation levels by monitoring problems, scheduling repairs and implementing preventative maintenance programs
- Makes recommendations on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations and other similar actions. Resolves grievances and other staff problems within position responsibilities
- Performs similar or related duties as required or directed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS degree in Healthcare Administration or related field
- 5+ years of management experience
- Demonstrated business and financial planning skills such as: budgeting, staffing ratios, variance analysis, corrective action plans, cost benefit analysis, capital and operating budget planning and healthcare billing and collections
- Working knowledge and understanding of computer applications such as Excel, Word, Power point, Outlook, etc.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Registered Radiologic Technologist w/advanced specialties
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Proven leadership, organizational, interpersonal, analytical skills
- Solid problem solving and financial management skills
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.