Capture Manager - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Capture Manager will be focused on supporting Optum Serve’s long-term positioning in the marketplace. This role is responsible for directing and managing responses to RFP opportunities, establishing effective response strategies, and driving growth for the company. The Capture Manager will deliver successful proposals by coordinating, leading, and driving activities among internal and external stakeholders such as Business Development, Product Management, Program Management, Implementation, the proposal team, Operations, teaming partners, and other key staff.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Development, implementation and management of the capture plan associated with a growth opportunity
- Drive opportunities from capture decision to contract award including strategic direction, intelligence, and positioning
- Manage bid strategies and oversee the development of the technical, management, and cost strategies for the associated proposal volumes
- Defines and secures necessary resources for proposal
- Works collaboratively with Product Team, Business Development, and internal stakeholders to ensure new design and development proposals meet all the requirements of the request for proposal
- Support proposal creation by assisting as needed with content (e.g. management approach, executive summary, staffing plans, etc)
- Conducts regular capture and proposal progress status meetings (internal and customer facing) and maintains the capture/proposal schedule
- Clearly communicate proposal content and strategies to both corporate executives and the proposal team
- Identify the need for or benefits of teaming partners, identifying teaming partners and negotiating teaming agreement terms
- Participate/lead business planning activities to include periodic pipeline reviews, bid development, opportunity gate reviews, and proposal reviews
- Manage responses to government market research inquiries (sources sought, RFIs)
- Attend industry events to network with others within the industry
- Participate in and/or lead client communications
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Experience with Federal Government capture and proposal processes
- Proficient in various computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Ability to solve complex problems, work independently, work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to lead and work in cross-functional, diverse teams in a matrix organization
- Solid Project Management skillset and the ability to adjust quickly to competing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with DoD, VA, HHS, DOJ, and other Federal agencies
- Knowledge of the Federal healthcare system
- Documented training in proposal/capture from recognized provider, such as Shipley, other major vendors, or internal training programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proposal writing, presenting to executives and clients
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.