Senior Manager, Technical Project Manager
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
The Senior Manager, Technical Project Manager will be part of the Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MS&T) organization. This role will support one or more brand centric, cross-functional Technical Product Team(s) (TPT) to assist in the planning and execution of strategic projects. The Candidate will interface with external manufacturing partners as the BMS project manager responsible for the execution of brand specific tech transfer projects at the CMO. The Technical Project Manager is a leader, coordinator, and facilitator for MS&T, capable of assigning and leading projects, providing project management direction, managing a team, and helping to drive the overall strategy for the department.
The Technical Project Manager will lead and provide guidance to the project team to translate program requirements into effective and detailed project plans to meet business needs for late-stage and commercial brands. The candidate will collaborate with the TPT matrix teams and work closely with organizations across the BMS network to deliver on CMC Project book of work. The Technical Project Manager will proactively communicate project status and risk to management. MS&T’s project book of work is comprised of a significant number of CMC technical life-cycle (including tech transfer) projects for late stage and commercial brands.
Business Partners and Interactions:
- The Technical Project Manager influences and maintains effective collaborations across the BMS network, closely partnering with Quality, Finance, Global Regulatory Sciences, Analytical Sciences & Technology, Manufacturing sites, External Manufacturing Supply, as well as MS&T partner functions.
- The Technical Project Manager interacts with site and global senior leadership teams and governances.
- The Technical Project Manager acts as the interface between BMS and external manufacturing partners for the execution of tech transfer projects
- Accountable for the project management of CMC technical projects, including execution of key tech transfers to CMOs
- Coordinate and facilitate the creation of project plans that are aligned with the overall brand strategy
- Lead and sustain a high performing project team of technical subject matter experts
- Attend monthly governance meetings to communicate project performance to MS&T leadership and gain project initiation, execution and re-baseline endorsements
- Develop and monitor the project budget and proactively communicate risks and changes
- Ensure projects are chartered and are delivered on-time and on-budget
- Leverage project management tools and methodologies to track project execution
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a life science, engineering, or other technical discipline. Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Masters is preferred but not required. Time spent in advanced degree programs may be considered as equivalent relevant experience.
- Demonstrated track-record of success, accomplishments & delivering results
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience within the pharmaceutical / biotech industry
- Experience with Chemistry, Manufacturing & Controls (CMC) desirable
- Experience operating in a highly matrixed & cross-functional organization strongly preferred
- PMP certification is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate ambiguity and complexity, and translate into accomplishing challenging goals & objectives
- Demonstrated aptitude for collaboration, relationship building, and influencing without authority in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated excellence for verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills to manage a large book of work and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency & adaptability with related software tools (MS Project, Tableau, Onepager, Sharepoint, Smartsheet etc.)
BMS Behaviors Required:
- Accountability: We all own BMS’ success and strive to be transparent and deliver on our commitments
- Urgency: We move together with speed and quality because patients are waiting
- Innovation: We pursue disruptive and bold solutions for patients
- Passion: Our dedication to learning and excellence helps us to deliver exceptional results
- Integrity: We demonstrate ethics, integrity and quality in everything we do for patients, customers and colleagues
- Inclusion: We embrace diversity and foster an environment where we can all work together at our full potential
Approximately 10% travel
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.