Marketing Data Science, Sr. Manager - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum Care is currently seeking a Marketing Data Science - Sr. Manager with a solid data science and analytics insights background to join our team. You will be part of the marketing analytics and modeling team within the Optum Consumer Office. This team is responsible for providing insights, analytics and audience targeting services to marketers. You should be an exceptionally well disciplined and self-motivated individual with providing analytical solutions experience, predictive modeling experience and proven experience delivering business impact on a portfolio of projects. This person will have analytical mindset and yet will be adept at translating highly technical information to a non-technical audience. He/She will also be responsible for solutioning marketing analytical solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create and deliver standard consumer insights around consumer profiling, market sizing, and target market analysis to key stakeholders
- Work alongside other data scientists, engineers, and project managers to design and implement analytical solutions, advanced models and experiments from end to end, including data ingestion and preparation, feature engineering, analysis and modeling, model deployment, performance tracking and documentation
- Develop predictive models based on demographic, psychographic, econometric and statistical data that deliver insights related to member enrollment
- Undertake rigorous and meticulous data analysis to extract and distill key population insights that will be consumed by functions such as business strategy, product marketing, and consumer marketing
- Apply best practices to implement marketing measurement, testing and attribution strategies
- Develop presentations around insights to be delivered to constituents at all levels: strategic, tactical, operational, and across function: marketing, operations, finance, sales, etc.
- Jointly solution, with key business areas, around the appropriate data and analytics tools to solve their business issues
- Pro-actively work with operations management to develop an understanding of business process and conceptualize dashboards, scorecards, and KPI development
- Effectively communicate complex technical results to business partners
- Work with a great deal of autonomy to find solutions to complex problems
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Sciences, Information Management, Actuarial Science, or a related technical field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in data analysis and predictive analytics with machine learning/statistical modeling techniques
- 5+ years of experience with data science languages such as Python, R, AI and SQL
- 5+ years of experience working with large databases to create meaningful, usable data structures to extract information out of application transactional data
- 5+ years of experience leading technical and non-technical resources in the area of Information Management, Data Strategy, Business Intelligence development, data mining and predictive analytics with machine learning/statistical modeling techniques
- Experience applying computational algorithms and statistical methods to structured and unstructured data
- Experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes and documenting the same
- Experience converting raw data into processed, actionable, insightful information
- Familiarity with wrangling large datasets with big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive and Spark
- Knowledge of machine learning and data processing services from cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in correlating business processes and front-end applications to back-end databases and systems
- Expertise with key marketing activities and systems - including Segmentation, Campaign Analytics, Email Analytics, Web Analytics and Social Properties.
- Experience working with business stakeholders and senior leaders in understanding data analytics and information needs, and executing on transformation of high-level, abstract data needs into meaningful data management solutions, information and analysis
- Experience understanding and managing business data and information, and the ability to correlate business processes to data
- Experience in marketing analytics including strategic marketing models
- Experience combining analytic methods with advanced data visualizations using (Tableau or Domo)
- A background in the healthcare industry, financial services and B2C Marketing would be ideal
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.