Practice Manager - Sleep Services
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians is a physician-led medical group with 85 practice locations throughout Connecticut serving more than 10% of the state's residents. We empower physicians and advanced clinicians to better serve patients through enhanced care processes in support of improved patient outcomes. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to include more than 350 primary care and specialty clinicians and offers select specialty and diagnostic/therapeutic services.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Practice Manager is responsible for directing, supervising and coordinating the overall operations of the medical practice. Partners with the providers and Regional Director to establish practice goals: financial, quality, and patient engagement. Monitors goals regularly to ensure practice is providing quality care, efficient, profitable, and an outstanding patient experience. Accountable for goals and objectives related to population health management. Works collaboratively with other Practice Managers in assigned area to function as one group practice. Manage and support process improvement initiatives.
This function is responsible for the management of clinical staff in any number of clinics. Responsibilities may include overseeing the management of the Clinician and Provider populations. UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow. Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good. Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed. Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
- Establishes work procedures and standards to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the office
- Meets regularly (no less than monthly) with providers to review quality indicators / goals, patient engagement metrics, and financial results
- Assists Regional Director and providers to develop and implement long range plans
- Manages office operations to maximize patient access, patient satisfaction, and collection of payments
- Coordinates staff and provider schedules to ensure proper coverage for quality patient care
- Manages human resources - hiring, on-boarding, coaching, and evaluating. Seeks to create a team environment
- Conducts monthly staff meetings to review practice metrics
- Reconciles and investigates patient complaints
- Manages, leads, and participates in process improvement initiatives, including collection of data, when needed
- Ensures practice compliance with ProHealth policies, procedures, and programs
- Actively participates in practice, regional and organizational meetings
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit
- Impact of work is most often at the team level
- Professionalism - Ability to align personal and organizational conduct with ethical and professional standards that include responsibility to the patient; ability to provide a customer service focus
- Results oriented - Focuses on achieving quality and financial outcomes in a responsive, timely manner
- Business Skills and Knowledge - Ability to apply business principles including financial management, human resource management, strategic planning, information management, and quality improvement. Systematic and logical approach to problem-solving and decision-making. Ability to collect and analyze data. Project management skills
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA / BS degree in health care administration, business or related field or commensurate experience
- Practice / Medical Office Management experience having managed several direct reports in clinical and non-clinical roles
- Experience with electronic health record, medical terminology, coding, and billing
- Proficient with reporting and data analytics
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of population health management
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma process improvement tools and techniques
- Demonstrated business and financial skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.