Behavior Health Care Manager - LCSW - Hybrid WFH - Milwaukee
$7,500 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Careers at Landmark, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. At Landmark, we work to deliver high quality, comprehensive care to chronically ill patients wherever they reside and whenever they need it. We focus on doing what’s right for the people we serve, even when it’s not easy. This is your opportunity to be part of a compassionate team that is setting out to change health care for complex, chronic patients. Here, we’ll invest in your personal and professional growth while giving you a unique opportunity to make a difference. Helping people feel their best is a rewarding part of doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care primarily to geriatric patients that are medically complex and chronically ill, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health Clinician, and other team members.
The behavioral health care manager (BHCM) is a core member of the collaborative care team, including the patient’s longitudinal medical provider and behavioral health consultant, as well as the larger interdisciplinary team (IDT). The BHCM is responsible for supporting and coordinating the mental and physical health care of patients on an assigned patient caseload with the patient’s longitudinal provider and, when appropriate, community behavioral health providers.
Prioritize completing the assessment and care plans in-person to better understand a patient’s needs, after this initial home visit; patient follow up is routinely done via video or telephonically with clinical discretion regarding any additional visits that should be completed in-person.
You will plan and manage your daily schedule to provide high quality care that is patient-centered and timely. This Monday-Friday role will be based; both in the field and your home office, with no on-call, evenings, or weekends.
- Screen and assess patients as well as provide patient education for common behavioral health and substance use disorders
- Administer evidence-based screening tools for depression, anxiety and substance use disorders and develop person-centered care plans to address those conditions
- Support psychotropic medication management as prescribed by the longitudinal provider, focusing on treatment adherence monitoring, side effects, and effectiveness of treatment
- Provide brief behavioral health interventions using evidence-based techniques such as behavioral activation, problem-solving treatment, motivational interviewing, or other interventions as appropriate until linkage to a community provider
- Participate in weekly consultation meetings with the behavioral health advance practice provider
- Facilitate referrals for clinically indicated services within the community (e.g., social services such as housing assistance, vocational rehabilitation, mental health specialty care, substance use disorder treatment)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s Degree (MSW) in Social Work
- Meet all Wisconsin State certification and licensing requirements for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW or LiCSW)
- 3+ years of social work experience (internship not included)
- Experience with screening for common mental health and/or substance abuse disorders
- Working knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial treatments and brief behavioral interventions for common mental health disorders, when appropriate (e.g., motivational interviewing, problem-solving treatment, behavioral activation)
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety Policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary team setting
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective and professional relationships with patients and members of the care team
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.