Urgent Care Center Manager - Optum Tri State
Riverside Medical Group is growing our team in New Jersey and Connecticut. As part of Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Tri-State brings patients local care, backed by national expertise. As a premier provider of health care services, Optum Tri-State offers services including primary care, urgent care, and a diverse range of specialty care, outpatient surgery, and imaging. Drawing on the knowledge of leading doctors and healthcare experts, Optum helps 1.6 million patients across 630 locations access high-quality, affordable healthcare within their community.
Optum is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, and Camden counties. We have over 60 locations and 180 board certified medical providers specializing in Urgent Care, Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain Management, Chiropractic and Optometry.
As a part of the OptumCare network, Optum is seeking an Urgent Care Office Manager to join our growing team in New Jersey.
The Urgent Care Office Manager is responsible for managing all operations aspects of the Urgent Care Center. This role reports to the District Manager of the Region.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs
- Supervise, coach, and develop the team holding them accountable to all policies, processes, and procedures
- Evaluate the team’s performance during the annual Common Review process
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special
- Effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments
- Manage staff schedules, approve timesheets and PTO requests
- Able to keep up in the Optum environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion
- Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance
- Provide clear direction to achieve goals, creating an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement
- Maintain the perseverance to drive and sustain the changes that occur at Optum, while being resilient and flexible, and inspiring and motivating the team
- Constantly communicates to the team, is open to opinions and feedback from team members and follows through on commitments
- Create a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities
- Drive excellence in business, clinical, and financial operations in the Urgent Care Center and throughout the region through data analysis and strategic planning
- Create a culture where staff are engaged, challenged, and efficient in carrying out job responsibilities
- Build a high performing team with high morale and addresses performance issues quickly and decisively
- Partner with clinical leadership to ensure compliance with all clinical policies and training programs
- Identify methods to increase business opportunities and scope of services provided by the Centers while maintaining budgetary performance
- Participate in the interview process for staff
- Assist the Medical Provider with patient’s health history work ups and reviewing records
- Greet and check in/out patients in a friendly and compassionate manner. Ensure all required intake paperwork, signatures and confirm that the patient's demographic information is complete and accurate
- Maintains awareness of the flow patients in the waiting room in order to ensure optimal service experience and avoid any frustrations or communication that could affect the experience of other patients
- Coordinates with the back office staff for timely and effective care of patients
- Obtains proper authorization and identification prior to release of confidential medical records
- Exercises problem solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refers patient complaints to appropriate designated personnel as needed
- Cooperates with other employees to achieve specific team goals
- To the extent requested by the Medical Provider, other duties as assigned
- Practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance to Office policies, OSHA, and HIPAA requirements
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of management experience in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of payroll and scheduling
- Knowledge of and responsibility for upholding State and Federal regulations regarding dispensing, storage, security, reporting, and disposal of controlled medications
- Demonstrated ability to assist in development, implementation, and maintenance of clinical training and staff development programs in conjunction with the training and development department, as well as the clinical operations team
- Assist clinical leadership in planning, organizing, implementing, and monitoring quality control and quality assessment
- In conjunction with the clinical operations team, act as a resource to staff regarding all clinical operations issues to include lab and x-ray
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- College degree
- Healthcare management experience
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment and maintain a positive attitude
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Opportunities with Riverside Medical Group. Discover what it means to be part of a top-rated, premier medical practice with a deep commitment to serving its community for over 35 years. We’re also part of the best hospital system in New Jersey and one of the best 50 hospitals in the nation. Riverside Medical Group has over 25 locations in Northern New Jersey, and we deliver quality-focused care to patients of all ages. We recently became part of OptumCare - the health care delivery part of Optum, backed by the scale and resources of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. Every day we provide the ultimate patient experience through round-the-clock access to health care teams, same day and walk-in appointments, as well as charitable giving and a foundation that supports scholarships and medical research. At Riverside, you’ll play an important role in helping people achieve optimal health, and that’s just the start. Learn more about career opportunities with Riverside Medical Group, where you can help change the world as you do your life’s best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.