Public Relations Marketing Manager, Optum NV
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Public Relations Marketing Manager will be charged with bringing Optum and Southwest Medical’s brand story to life through Public Relations (PR) and strategic partnerships in Nevada and across the Mountain West Region (MWR). This position will be responsible for managing multiple sponsorships, ensuring the business is fully leveraging all opportunities, while also ideating to broaden relationships through discovering new opportunities for community engagement, all while ensuring local partners are fulfilling their obligations. This position will also provide strategic consulting support to market leadership and execute on day-to-day activities and reporting of contract executions.
This position is responsible for PR programs, managing renewals and negotiations, overseeing communication with partners, leading sponsorship strategy to ensure it aligns with leadership’s goals, and executing the daily functions of managing the PR and sponsorship assets, in partnership with the OptumCare local marketing team.
- Work closely with the Nevada marketing team to strategize on how best to utilize sponsorship assets to help align marketing and Human Capital initiatives/campaigns
- Work closely with the MWR marketing directors on providing thorough leadership and examples of high performing PR campaigns in Nevada and across the region on an ongoing basis
- Align PR reports and provide quarterly updates to the SVP of Marketing and key leadership team members
- Build and execute strategies to leverage the T-Mobile Arena contractual assets to support enterprise business objectives across growth, brand advancement, community relations and employee engagement
- Oversee and manage the relationship and sponsorships that Optum/SMA have that include but are not limited to sponsorships with T-Mobile Arena, Vegas Golden Knights and University of Nevada Las Vegas School of Medicine, etc.
- Maintain oversight of community engagement and nonprofit donations and campaign executions
- Provide strategic support to the marketing team and leadership on new PR and sponsorship opportunities
This role will be involved in developing market strategies that help drive brand awareness, employee engagement, provider recruitment/retention, broker engagement, as well as strategies to support marketing innovation and combat competitive pressures.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of professional full-time experience in a matrix environment
- 5+ years of sponsorship experience
- 5+ years of experience in community relations and strategic partnerships
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple priorities and cross functional interactions
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.