Clinic Operations Manager WellMed Wooldridge Clinic
$2,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Position in this function provides leadership, direction and administration of operations to ensure accomplishment of clinic and organizational objectives. Directs, supervises and coordinates the overall operation of the clinic and staff.
- Directs, supervises, coordinates specific functions and activities of clinic, including systems, policies and procedures, human resources, support services, etc
- Assists the Medical Director in the development and marketing of new services and referral sources
- Facilitates the employment, development and management of employees
- Promotes the provision of cost-effective, high-quality health care services to patients
- Cooperates with medical and administrative staff to ensure compliance with standards and regulations
- Reviews operational problems/policies and recommends solutions and change to Medical Director
- Collaborates with Medical Director in the preparation and implementation of quarterly budgets
- Recommends funding based on knowledge of policies, costs, and operating practices
- Represents clinic at public and professional meetings and conferences
- Participates in clinic communication and public relations programs
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep pace with the trends in health care administration
- Performs other related duties which may be inclusive, but not listed in position job description
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit
- Impact of work is most often at the team level
This function is responsible for the management of clinical staff in any number of clinics. Responsibilities may include overseeing the management of the Nursing and Provider populations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Nursing or related field (4+ years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 3+ years of healthcare administration experience required, including 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving, decision making
- Experience developing and maintaining effective relationship with staff, Senior Management, patients, vendors, and payers, public
- Experience organizing work to achieve clinic goals and objectives
- Knowledge of health care administration, clinic philosophy and policies and operating procedures
- Knowledge of fiscal management systems
- Knowledge of human resource management practices including supervision and staff development
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and reimbursement standards
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications
- Computer literacy
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Current unrestricted Vocational Nurse license for applicable state of employment
- Professional healthcare license or certification
- Supervisory experience within a clinic setting
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret complex data
- Demonstrated ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports
- Proven ability to monitor compliance standards
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.