Senior Manager, Operations - Optum Tri-State
Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey and Southern Connecticut.
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, respect, accountability, and collaboration are among our core principles. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Manager, Operations works on a wide range of projects, activities, and initiatives. This is a full-time position for an experienced operational leader. The ideal candidate will have a solid healthcare background, have knowledge of Epic and be a motivated self-started with excellent leadership, team collaboration, communication, and organizational skills.
- Understands and can work comfortably within Epic
- Overall Operational Support
- MyChart Metrics
- E-Check In
- Decision Trees
- Pulling Metrics
- Running Reports
- Superuser program - help to maintain
- Project Management
- Plans, manages, and coordinates project activities to ensure goals and objectives of multiple and large projects are accomplished within prescribed time-frame
- Able to create excel tracking documents
- Able to create PowerPoints
- Comfortable presenting to leadership
- Communicate the status of each project
- Coordinate and communicate the activities/tasks of all project team members
- Oversee the execution and tracking of program related projects - ensuring that project activities are completed and follow up with stakeholders as needed
- Work with the ops team to develop and communicate project goals and deliverables
- Prepare project and program specific plans, outlining and defining project related tasks, responsibilities, dependencies, and timelines
- Organize and schedule program related meetings
- Maintains a high level understanding of business process and drivers
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Operations Help to Groups and Directors
- Office Workflow Assessments
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems and works with the Operations Director to resolve and roll out new processes in an office
- In coordination with the operations directors, translates concepts and new workflows into a practice
- When at a site, coaches, provides feedback, and guides others in specific tasks and initiatives
- Helps supervisors, and managers by communicating and guiding toward achieving department goals and objectives
- Coordinate and lead meetings on identified subjects to ensure proper communication and prioritization is conveyed
- Work with Operations Directors and assist them with identifying and discussing options available to their practices to achieve goals and change workflow if needed
- In coordination with the operations directors, do workflow assessments in offices to come up with ideas on how to make a practice better
- Ability to build good relationships with groups/managers/directors and/or providers required
- Office Workflow Assessments
- Can assist the operations directors with the roll out projects or initiatives for the organization
- Collaborates with the operations team to monitor and improve key performance indicators related to all organizational goals
- Encourage teamwork through collaboration with co-workers and other departments
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Epic Experience
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams Experience
- Operations Workflow Knowledge
- Proven solid written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proven ability to work with, understand and appreciate end user workflow
- Proven ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and schedule activities
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
New York Residents Only: The salary range for New York residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.