Behavioral Health Case Manager - Remote in Colorado Springs, CO
$7,500 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Behavioral Health Case Manager is responsible for case management and utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse services. The case management includes authorization, concurrent review, and coordination and assurance of appropriate levels of care to members. This position provides case management services through review and evaluation of inpatient and outpatient behavioral health treatments for medical necessity, emergency status, and quality of care.
If you are located in Colorado Springs, CO, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Make patient assessments in home setting and determining appropriate levels of behavioral care needed
- Obtain information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- Determine if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Manage behavioral health cases throughout the entire treatment plan
- Administer benefits and review treatment plans in collaboration with interdisciplinary care team
- Assist in coordinating Medicaid/Medicare benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Communicate with members who have complex medical needs and may have communication barriers
- Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
- Focus on whole person care model for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
- Build relationships and work with a variety of populations within the community
- Ability to work with low - income populations with complex social and medical needs including adults with serious mental illness and emotional disturbances, members with substance use disorders, and members with other complex or multiple chronic conditions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- 1+ years of clinical or case management experience
- 2+ years of experience in long-term care, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
- Experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- LCSW license
- Proven background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Field based work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of both medical and behavioral health diagnosis and terminology
- Proven knowledge of symptom identification and intervention, associated with behavioral health and substance use disorders
- Proven knowledge of APS reporting processes
- Experience working with complex family systems and dynamics
- Proven knowledge of resources to address SDOH
- Experience in crisis intervention
- Proven understanding of health disparities among various membership, based on their race or ethnicity; religion; socioeconomic status; sexual orientation; gender, gender identity; age; mental health; cognitive, sensory or physical disability; geographic location or other characteristics historically linked to discrimination and exclusion
- Experience working in Duals (DSNP) and/or Medicaid environment
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship building skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment