Senior Project Manager - Remote
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs - helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Landmark product, we help bring home-based medical care to complex, chronic patients. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
On the one hand, no industry is moving faster than health care. On the other, no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than Optum and UnitedHealth Group. That's what makes this opportunity so applause worthy. We have hundreds of business verticals across our matrixed organizations that are bringing thousands of new ideas, services and products to the marketplace every year. Our goal is simple. Use data and technology to help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. When you join us as a Project Manager, you'll be engaged in a complex business model that is highly adaptable to build solutions that meet their customer needs in a competitive and effective way.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead and help provide oversight to the Data Science & Analytics new client implementation user acceptance testing (UAT) process to ensure successful and timely completion of the UAT testing and all the controls are followed.
- Work with resource managers to drive the identification of the skills, duration and effort required for successful project execution for Data Science & Analytics projects.
- Track issues with reports, including defects in logic, data quality problems, and process errors.
- Collect, analyze and maintain financial forecast information (e.g. labor, hardware, software), using input from applicable sources
- Establish/apply quality objectives, criteria, standards and levels using appropriate quality management methods, with stakeholder input (e.g. key performance indicators, scope definition)
- Develop, communicate and implement program/project risk/issue management plans and strategies (e.g. mitigation, avoidance, transfer, acceptance)
This role will challenge your ability to work on complex projects where deadlines and scope shift frequently. You'll need flexibility, agility and the ability to adapt to change while maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders in a highly cross-matrixed environment.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of project management experience using data and information to make business decisions
- 2+ years of health care industry experience
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- PMP Certification
- Experience with user acceptance testing
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.