Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Site Manager reports directly to the Site Administrator and is the local leadership for operations teams. They manage the staffing, productivity and services of the assigned facility, assists in ensuring development and evaluation of new operating systems. The Site Manager designs and develops new programs to meet the facility's needs, provides supervisory oversight, including managing, hiring, training, evaluating and developing staff, and ensures that the staffing needs of the facility and Urgent Care Centers is adequate and performing. Utilizes data to ensure provider practices and medical functions are performing efficiently and meeting established standards. Assists the Site Administrator with duties and special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates proficiency in managing the work efforts of employees
- Schedules all personnel in a manner, which optimizes cost effectiveness and patient needs
- Prepares daily bank deposits and maintains petty cash drawers
- In cooperation with EPIC Human Resources department, hires, manages, evaluates and corrects employee performance as needed to achieve clinic objectives
- Participates in the development of the annual operating and capital budget. Monitors and maintains compliance throughout the year
- Provides effective leadership to supervisors and staff and oversee the delivery of quality, cost-effective patient care in the facility and/or Urgent Care Center
- Demonstrates proficiency in managing the work efforts of employees and creates a team environment of open communication, trust and mutual respect among the groups’ physicians and staff
- Ensures all personnel are informed and knowledgeable of all current policies and procedures, schedules all personnel in a manner, which optimize cost effectiveness and patient/physician needs, and acts as a resource person for clinical staff
- Prepares daily bank deposits and maintains petty cash drawers. Ensures all department activities reflect facility standards for quality and responsiveness to patients
- Receives and resolves problems relating to the facility, and communicates in writing or verbally as appropriate to other facility personnel
- Serves as communication link between facility personnel and Administration
- Plans and implements improved operating systems within the framework of the policies and procedures established by the organization
- Creates reports and utilizes data to ensure practices are performing efficiently and meeting established standards
- Site’s financial and operational functions and performance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years lead experience, or 2+ years of experience providing daily direction, providing training, making procedure and workflow recommendations, advising management relative to technical process
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of supervisory experience in Healthcare
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Must be proficiently skilled in the application and use of Microsoft Office
- Possess strong written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of front office duties including cashiering, insurance, telephone etiquette and appointments, and of computerized accounts receivable and patient
- scheduling systems. Knowledge and ability to provide sound, consistent, reliable and cooperative management in accordance with Company standards and practices. Knowledge of HMO and PPO programs to both commercial and senior patient base
- Ability to work with limited supervision, contribute in a team environment, and demonstrated ability to lead staff effectively
- Ability to successfully uphold the established customer service standards and Company Mission Statement
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.