Senior Contract Manager, Industry Relations Contracting - Hybrid
At UnitedHealth Group and Optum, we want to make healthcare work better for everyone. This depends on hiring the best and brightest. With a thriving ecosystem of investment and innovation, our business in Ireland is constantly growing to support the healthcare needs of the future.
Our teams are at the forefront of building and adapting the latest technologies to propel healthcare forward in a way that better serves everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, we use the most advanced development tools, AI, data science and innovative approaches to make the healthcare system work better for everyone. Join us and do your life's best work.
We are searching for an experienced, ambitious professional to join our team as an independent contributor. As Senior Contract Manager, Industry Relations Contracting, you will be joining a high-performance team based in Ireland. Responsible for contract negotiations with our US based pharmaceutical partners as you build strong industry relationships.
The Senior Contract Manager, Industry Relations Contracting, evaluates and negotiates contracts in compliance with company contract templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Managing contracts with pharmaceutical companies and distributors in compliance with company contract templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls.
- Reviewing the contracts and revising as necessary.
- Anticipating and resolving contract language issues.
- Establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with US based pharmaceutical companies.
- Participating in additional projects as needed.
- Proactively addressing / resolving contract language / legal interpretation issues.
- Solve standard contract issues and conduct detailed analyses.
- Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences / Paralegal - Contracting experience.
- Masters, Undergraduate degree, Post graduate qualifications and / or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong contract negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical & organization skills.
- Ability to understand business needs and prioritize work accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others.
- Ability to work a portion of monthly work hours from our Dublin office is required.
- US Healthcare, retail pharmacy or Pharmacy Benefit Management knowledge.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience in the Healthcare / Pharmaceutical sector.
- Lean Six Sigma qualification.
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.